No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters III: Afterlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising animator Fletcher Moules (“Clash of Clans” commercials) has signed on to direct the upcoming animated “Ghostbusters” film currently in the works at Sony Pictures. The project, which joins the upcoming live-action female-centric revival launching in July this year, will be produced by Sony Pictures Animation and Ivan Reitman. The project is thought to be […]

God knows what project will follow the upcoming Feig film but Fletcher Moules has signed on to direct an animated Ghostbusters film that ties into all this. Seems Sony is doing the same branching plan as Spiderman which also has an animated film in the works.

Comment

However you feel about director Paul Feig’s “Ghostbusters” reboot, there’s no question the 2016 film was a dud. Costing $144 million and taking in a box-office haul of $229 million, the film lost any chance of a sequel and while critical reviews were fine, they weren’t stellar. Feig’s back in cinemas this week with the […]

Feig says that if he'd been able to make a sequel to his failed reboot the series would have next travelled to another country

Comment

China, obviously. That's where the movie money is these days.

Comment

Yeah every blockbuster seemingly having a China connection is getting old already. Skyscraper was bizarre.

Comment

Or Halifax adverts...

Comment

The sad thing is the Halifax advert is better done than the reboot was.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                So Cinematic Universes have become me-too concepts like trilogies where the third part is split into two.
                It's a shame The Hobbit Pt.3 wasnt split into two.

...and then hastily flushed down the toilet.

Comment

Dan Aykroyd has said a new GB movie is in the works with a script currently underway however the new film will return to the original canon and be a direct sequel to the original two movies. He is still aiming to get Murray on board in some capacity.

A GB3 has been in the realm of torch passing for so long that I feel like Murray's participation has long become redundant, just make it with the two of them and new cast members. With Ramis gone there's no point being overly precious about accounting for every cast member now.

Comment

Yep. But I don't know if I trust Aykroyd. Sort of related, it feels like people forgot just how much people seemed to complain about Ghostbusters 2. And it had pretty much the exact same creative team as the first. I think it's still possible to make a great Ghostbusters movie whether with original cast members or not but it will be a massive uphill battle to get one universally liked.

Comment

I still feel like GB is approached completely wrongly by Sony and the company behind the brand (seeing as there'll be no end of content attempts as long as Sony has a company dedicated solely to the GB brand running).

They see it as some sort of major top tier legacy brand because of the long life the name has had despite no content being released. It's one of the ways the last film went wrong, throwing a light big budget action affair on screen then being shocked that there is a roof to the brands appeal.

I still feel like they need to get a proper, decently regarded script writer of horror movies in to work on scenario and script that doesn't include humour. Once that's ironed out, then do script revisions to insert clear well timed line feeds for the humour and ad-libs to hang off naturally. You'd basically end up initially creating your typical $10m-ish horror movie then expanding it into something like a $50m GB movie meaning earning $230m like the 2016 version did goes from disappointment to a Conjuring style success story to build on.

Hell, you could set half a GB movie in a New York 1920's art deco haunted hotel to save money but retain the style.

Casting needs to be on point though, I still find it hard to think of suitable people for the role. It's far too easy to think of well known names who are too comedic in tone or too serious to pull it off as part of an ensemble cast. Part of the original casts success was how natural they felt, largely because they're playing exaggerated versions of themselves rather than pre-set character types.

Comment

Might sound like an odd choice but I'd chuck in most of the cast of Veep. The main reason is that they play funny really well but, for the most part, they all act serious to do it. Almost everyone in that show seems to be able to land comedy that doesn't actually need a joke - it's just character stuff and, even when it gets silly, the characters are all believable. Get Julia Louise-Dreyfus, Gary Cole, the guy who plays Richard and the guy who plays Mike and I'd watch that Ghostbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          https://www.cinemablend.com/news/246...to-dan-aykroyd

Dan Aykroyd has said a new GB movie is in the works with a script currently underway however the new film will return to the original canon and be a direct sequel to the original two movies. He is still aiming to get Murray on board in some capacity.

A GB3 has been in the realm of torch passing for so long that I feel like Murray's participation has long become redundant, just make it with the two of them and new cast members. With Ramis gone there's no point being overly precious about accounting for every cast member now.
                          I'm glad to hear this and if it can capture the appeal of the original two I'd be willing to watch this. Keep it away from the gender politics and concentrate on making a great movie that appeals to old and new fans. Can't be so difficult.

People might think I'm totally off target by suggesting Chris Pratt and Keegan Michael Key but why? They're both reasonably funny actors. In fact, Key might work better as a villain/city official up his own backside tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            Keep it away from the gender politics
                            Is gender politics having women in it? Is the existence of women politics now?

Comment

Just let it die.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Is gender politics having women in it? Is the existence of women politics now?
                                I just walk down the street and wonder how all these woman are allowed to be walking around, living. It’s political correctness gone mad.

Female ghostbusters? Whatever next , women police officers?!

Comment

Working...
                                X