No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters III: Afterlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant complain about it being in the wrong hands, enjoyed a number of his movies without knowing his background. Promising.

Comment

The classic Ecto-1 is back!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1176512

The film is reportedly looking to cast four lead characters, two male and two female - all teenagers. That last bit will no doubt restoke fan fires
        Two females or all teenagers?

Comment

Four teenagers, two of which are female.

The teaser isn't much but it's a nice reflection that they've clearly been trying to learn from what happened with the reboot. It's non-committal, not going to stoke a rabid fanbase but tells you the basic direction they're going for and is ready without leaving any early speculation time.

In geek mode, the bit of the car we see matches the Ecto-1 but not the Ecto-1A, first canonical evidence to confirm they're separate cars instead of a remodel?
          The teaser is also a bit of a depressing reminder of the condition they let the real Ecto-1 fall into for years...

And the condition Ecto-1A is said to largely still be in in storage

Last edited by Neon Ignition; 16-01-2019, 22:40.

Comment

I got distracted and found out that apparently Sony still have this one as well but no-one knows where they stored it:

Comment

So this is a real film that is actually happening?

Comment

Finally watched the teaser & I admit I got all excited

Can't wait to see how this turns out

Neik

Comment

Waiting for proper links but word is Murray is properly returning but that the 4 new teen characters are aged 12 to 13 which on the face of it starts to make me think they're not supposed to be new GB members at all
                  Last edited by Neon Ignition; 18-01-2019, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Waiting for proper links but word is Murray is properly returning but that the 4 new teen characters are aged 12 to 13
                    What?
                    Are you serious. They can not base the next ghostbusters film around a bunch of kids. That is not going to be a film for adults. Then again, are they making the film for us or for the kids? Even if they are making it for kids we as kids still enjoyed the original adult cast.

Comment

It's a struggle to think of any movie that successfully appealed to kids by cramming kids into a franchise that previously didn't need them. Then again, I also can't think of a 20-years-too-late sequel that has been good even with the original cast.

Comment

Ernie Hudson has confirmed to DailyMailTV that the original Ghostbusters cast will reunite for the new installment of the film franchise set to be released in 2020.

It's the Daily Mail sadly but apparently it's Ernie Hudson who's cited as confirming Murray will also be returning.

In 2016, Ghostbusters found itself - somewhat surprisingly - as a touchy subject, when Paul Feig’s female-led reboot (or more specifically, the trailer for it) drew heavy backlash that quickly escalated into some pretty nasty territory. It soon became the case that the actual quality of the film itself was practically besides the point, but regardless of whether you think it deserved better than its underwhelming box office figures, it's probably a good thing that we never got a sequel, as it's allowed the fanbase to move on from this all-round unpleasant chapter in the franchise's history.

Not sure how reliable but a link re the casting.

Sounds like the teaser is along the lines the plot. The teens will discover a ghost in their small town and ultimately the original remaining Ghostbusters will get called out of retirement to leave New York and come and help stop the new threat.

Comment

Frustration is understandable but this will restoke old fires thanks to very poor choice of wording

Comment

She got treated absolutely abhorrently. Short of killing a puppy, she gets a free pass from me to do whatever the hell she likes. She earned it. I’m already looking forward to this new Ghostbusters movie but if I thought it validates and empowers those who hated the last one from the moment it was announced there would be women in it and those who harassed people involved or indeed validates people who just validated those who harassed people, I’d happily see it burn to the ground and never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              but if I thought it validates and empowers those who hated the last one from the moment it was announced there would be women in it and those who harassed people involved or indeed validates people who just validated those who harassed people, I’d happily see it burn to the ground and never happen.
                              A new Ghostbusters with a male cast could also have bad special effects, a weak script, poor acting, and lame humour. I don't think you can just satisfy fans of the original movies by plonking male actors into a new Ghostbusters movie.

I think it would be possible to create a truly great new Ghostbusters movie, but you'd have to get every aspect of the production right. It certainly isn't an easy task. The original movie is a slice of magic that makes any sequels a difficult act to follow. The sequel, despite being quite good, doesn't come close to the first film.

When it comes to a male or female cast, I think it should be about choosing actors that will do a great job. Maybe some writers will feel the Ghostbusters franchise is best suited to having a male cast, or maybe a mix of male and female. Ultimately, I think it should be about looking at the best comedy actors and trying to get them to play Ghostbusters. Unfortunately, I think a lot of top quality comedy actors might shy away from the franchise since it was sullied by the last movie that failed to impress lots of fans.
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-01-2019, 20:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                A new Ghostbusters with a male cast could also have bad special effects, a weak script, poor acting, and lame humour. I don't think you can just satisfy fans of the original movies by plonking male actors into a new Ghostbusters movie.
                                Yep. See also: Ghostbusters 2. You’re right - a male cast does not guarantee happy fans. However it has been shown that the mere mention of women can certainly rule out a noisy subsection of fans from being happy. See also: Star Wars.

Comment

Working...
                                X