Ghostbusters III: Afterlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    And that being about a 10-15 minute walk from my apartment.
    I demand photos!

Comment

Comment

Old films fans, keep your underwear clean, new set pics emerge:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Aq02Il_TH/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1HhkKgHDaG/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1AI82ZA7xW/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0qpOgEFpQV/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Comment

Filmmaker Jason Reitman has taken to social media to confirm that filming on the new “Ghostbusters” feature, one which serves as a direct sequel to the first two films, has wrapped after 68 days. The photo includes a set photo of himself along with producer Ivan Reitman and actors Finn Wolfhard, Carrie Coon, Mckenna Grace, […]

Filming is now complete

Comment

“Ghostbusters” franchise co-creator Dan Aykroyd has confirmed that Bill Murray will indeed be reprising his famed role of Dr. Peter Venkman for the upcoming third “Ghostbusters” film which recently wrapped shooting. In an interview with The Greg Hill Show, Aykroyd confirmed the news. Murray was the last of the main trio of surviving ‘Ghostbusters’ yet […]

Covering any remaining uncertainty, Aykroyd has confirmed that Murray is in Ghostbusters III

Comment

In light of the above, new set picture:

https://i.redd.it/02wcmpzk35x31.png

Comment

The film formerly known as Ghostbusters 2020 has been registered in Britian as Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and a trailer may be coming soon.

A trailer for the film has been rated and in doing so confirmed the films final title is Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Comment

New characters uncover elements from the 1984 original in director Jason Reitman's upcoming film.

Trailer on Monday, some images in the link. Teaser poster:

Comment

Comment

Sony's updated its corporate Ghostcorps page to use a new version of the logo:

Comment

It's here:

Comment

It's really hard to judge that one, I think I'm mostly surprised by how much they've held themselves back on the nostalgia aspects. You clearly have the Ecto-1 and the hard Egon references but just as much this could be another reboot, it doesn't feel like it's been filmed in the 80's style they seemed to suggest they were pursuing. I'm assuming the effects are early as well, the streams seemed off. Overall it looked fine, probably mostly lacking in something that felt like either a real hook for new or old audiences beyond the car.

Comment

Looks like a right load of ass.

Comment

Well this is very interesting. This feels no more like the original Ghostbusters than the previous remake. In fact, only on this trailer (going to assume the classic cast will bring back some of the feel), this feels less like Ghostbusters than the last film. This is clearly more inspired by Stranger Things than it is Ghostbusters and seems to have swung away from the last comedy movie Ghostbusters, all the way past the originals to the other end of the spectrum and has arrived at this.

I'm very interested but it's not what I expected at all. As a reaction to the previous film, I expected a full-on attempt at recreating the original Ghostbusters vibe. And if the trailer is anything to go by, this isn't it.

Comment

Yep, it's very interesting in terms of pitch especially given the original teaser lent on fan service. The footage suggests one of two outcomes:

1 - This links hard on the first two films but features very little of the classic elements and characters
                                or
                                2 - It's being very restrained to try and appeal to new audiences for now and the footage mostly comes from the first 30 or so minutes

Given who's behind this one I'm more inclined to believe the latter. There are two Gozer hints as well in there. If it is the latter then it'd be easy to see a second trailer drop in the new year that introduces Ernie, Bill and Dan as well as the OG music and it dial up the classic feels very easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X