Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get my YouTube video seen in Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get my YouTube video seen in Japan?

I need some tips. I would like to have my video viewed by Japanese people (mainly because my content is a Japanese made musical instrument imitating Japanese made console sounds). And coz I want kudos from cool Japanese people so I can become cool too :P

I imagine all I need to do is have my video title/description and subtitles translated to Japanese?

Can anyone help me?

Here's that box office smashing video of mine :P

Last edited by hudson; 10-03-2015, 11:52.

Get a Japanese friend to put it on facebook?
    We can TL the titles and stuff too.

Comment

You guys are my Japanese friends. Let's do this...

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        You guys are my Japanese friends. Let's do this...
        If you can include the title in Japanese, if not include it in the description all in Japanese characters. Also included japanese tags in the search feature.

Since the guy runnng our youtube channel did that we get a huge number of Japanese view on our channel and Japan now accounts for one of our biggest views base.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the advice.

Of anyone could translate the following text which features in my video I could add it to the CC/subtitles options. I do have CC's in English, will these be auto translated to Japanese views or stuck in English?

I'll have to list some tags for translation. I imagine I'm wise not to trust google translation tool for this?

1. Let's make a Sega Mega Drive style FM bass sound using Korg's Electribe 2.

2. This bass sound can be heard in games such as Super Shinobi, Sonic, and Strider.

3. Here is an initialised part.

4. Change the oscillator type to 'VPM-SINE 1'.

5. VPM is Korg's varIation of FM synthesis.

6. To get that harsh characteristic of the YM2612 sound chip...

7. We need to modulate the 'OSC' parameter.

8. And there it is... The laser sword!

9. Laser sword!

10. Adjust the modulation depth and speed to tame the beast/monster.

11. Try using one of the many PCM voice sound with some Decimator IFX.

12. Add some 'Random' modulation to the IFX to get that retro sampled speech effect.
          Last edited by hudson; 10-03-2015, 17:00.

Comment

Tell me more about the gadget please.

Comment

The gadget in the video is a Korg Electribe music production instrument. It's basically a synthesiser and drum machine with 16 track/part sequencer.

Comment

1. Let's make a Sega Mega Drive style FM bass sound using Korg's Electribe 2.
                KORG Electribe 2で、セガのメガドライブみたいFMベースを作ろう。

2. This bass sound can be heard in games such as Super Shinobi, Sonic, and Strider.
                スーパー忍、ソニック、ストライダーなどに聞こえるベースです。

3. Here is an initialised part.
                これは初期化パートです。

4. Change the oscillator type to 'VPM-SINE 1'.
                オシレーターを「VPM-SINE 1」に設定する

5. VPM is Korg's varIation of FM synthesis.
                VPMはKORGのFM音源です。

6. To get that harsh characteristic of the YM2612 sound chip...
                YM2612チップの激しさを作れば…

7. We need to modulate the 'OSC' parameter.
                「OSC」の設定を変える。

8. And there it is... The laser sword!
                来た!レーザー刀!

9. Laser sword!
                レーザー刀!

10. Adjust the modulation depth and speed to tame the beast/monster.
                深さと速さの設定を変えて、野獣・モンスターを操る。

11. Try using one of the many PCM voice sound with some Decimator IFX.
                PCMの声音とDECIMATOR IFX一緒に使ってみる。

12. Add some 'Random' modulation to the IFX to get that retro sampled speech effect.
                「RANDOM」にIFXと含めば、RETROの声音が出来ます。
                until someone comes along to point out my mistakes...

Comment

Thanks Kryss. Much appreciated. I'll let our input longer here for a short while in case someone points out any mistakes I'm sure it's just fine.

Would it make sense to upload the video again with Japanese title, description and subs?

Also, do I need a Japanese account or upload from Japan YouTube or anything?

Comment

YouTube is universal. There is no YouTube Japan as such. My videos are uploaded in Japan but my biggest audience comes from the US followed by the UK then Japan. I've also found out that changing the location of the video does bugger all to influence views from other regions.

Comment

Thanks Yakumo.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        YouTube is universal.
                        True, but wouldn't it be better for him to upload it on NicoNicoDouga, or whatever that Japanese-focused video service is called? Or do Japanese people tend to use YouTube these days?

Getting links on Tumblr/Twitter with relevant Kanji/Japanese/English loanwords in the hashtags will make a big difference too. One of my most popular posts used the katakana for "Cosplay".

Comment

I've now added some some katakana to my video title and description. Tags too.

I have closed captions too, so they can be auto-translated by YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                          X