Titanfall 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to the sequel!

I've been bored of shooters after Modern Warfare 2 but Titanfall was such a polished shooter with a great change of pace and complete mastery over the map and level design that embarrassed other developers. Combined with Splatoon on the Wii U, these 2 games made up for the familiarity and boredom of modern FPS's and online gaming.

Hopefully Titanfall 2 can refine the visual quirks of the game and add a truly brilliant single player experience.

Comment

It's funny I've heard quite a bit of criticism towards Titanfall, mainly about how it was lacking graphically and the player base has all but evaporated... Yet going back to it you forget just how well made it is.

The levels are simply amazing. The burn card mechanic is genius and is now imitated in a few recent games. The titan v soldier balance is perfect and the parkour movement is still more refined than any imitators efforts. I stuck the game on for a few rounds last night and was smiling throughout... It's still got the magic ingredient , whatever that is.

Bring on the sequel... I'm ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
        Hopefully Titanfall 2 can refine the visual quirks of the game and add a truly brilliant single player experience.
        Yep that all the game lacked and was badly needed was a great single player mode , otherwise the game is mint with great clever level design amazing art design and the most pin point and sublime controls I think I've ever come across .

Comment

I *think* this is the most appropriate place for this (small) news. Certainly won't surprise many.

No new Titanfall games in the works, Respawn says

In an interview with IGN to discuss Respawn's 10th anniversary, Zampella said "there's nothing currently in development" for the Titanfall franchise, but "it's always there".
          The story is Vince Zampella being interviewed and talking about Respawn and associated things (so more that TF). Sounds like its more Apex Legends and Jedi: Fallen Order for them.

Comment

Makes sense, as great as Titanfall 2's SP was I don't think the franchise has much of a future

Comment

Bit of a shame that. Titanfall 2 has been one of my personal highlights this gen.

Comment

Titanfall 2 has the best FPS campaign this generation imo. Seriously I've played through it three times now and it's just a ride.

Shame EA messed up launching it in-between COD and Battlefield because I think looking back it was better than both those games in multiplayer.

If only they had sorted out cross-play for this to get a community thriving. Now we're in the age of Fortnite and Apex Legends spinning ongoing revenue I guess we will never see it's likes again.

Comment

It’s not just the SP. The multiplayer is totally amazing as well. Was really hoping that TF3 would launch with the ps5; instead, we get stuff like stuff like Assassins Creed,FFS

Comment

MP is good, only reason i stopped play was because of getting smashed by the hardcore still playing the game in to early 2017, and then Fortnite hit... i really should have reinstalled when PSN put it out for 'free' to get in with the fresh meat but then Apex hit, which basically Pilot mode without the wall running. I'm probably due a replay of the SP campaign its ben at least 2 years since i last did it.

Comment

Oddly, just gave our kid a sealed XB1 copy of this yesterday, I had it sitting around yonks in my backlog but I saw the GOTY on sale for £3.74 in the Xbox store a couple of months back and couldn't resist.

Only gave it a blast a few weeks back. Looks amazing, rock solid 60 on my base Xbone, plays like a bloody dream (the R stick look is silky and intuitive).

GOTY seems to turn up loads of times at £3.74. I've only played it for like ten minutes and can confidently say that's a total, total barg.

Comment

It looks and runs fantastic on the X as well. I went back and played it the instant they patched it with enhancements... It's not a showcase for the X but it's still just super smooth and that campaign is just how campaigns should be... It never outstays it's welcome.

Comment

Working...
                        X