Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    ^ Are you using the Threaded Cane? If not, try it. I felt it worked really well for the faster pace of this game that Atticus mentions.
    All weapons are worth trying out, at least once. And don't worry if you don't find anything you like more than the starting weapon: I completed game and DLC with the starting axe. Just like the Soul games, you just need to learn how much lead time weapons have.

Comment

Yakumo, the Axe is your friend. The charge attack (spinning long axe) is way OP early in the game and you can easily cheese the werewolves from the house as they cant go through the door but your spinning attack can!

My first playthrough I only used the Axe as Briareos Kerensky did.

plus as someone said above the regain mechanic is your friend - unlike Dark Souls attack is the best defence. Finally parrying - practice, practice, practice, it's way easier than Dark Souls and once you have it down a lot of the game becomes fairly easy.

If you want to co-op some dungeons sometime send me a FR on PSN @ finsburygirl

Comment

So this thread convinced me to start a new playthrough (NG). I played Bloodborne before any of the other Souls games and didn’t really appreciate it, I think (I got the DLC and didn’t bother much with it, although I finished the main game); but I’m loving this new run through. I’d forgotten how visually horrible some of the bosses are.

I’ve played all the other Souls games to NG+7, and I’ll probably do that again here. For anyone who’s completed NG+ and above, how does it play? Is it worth it?

Comment

I think Bloodborne is even more worthy in NG+ and beyond because it gives a reason to spells and magic-assisted weapons to exist. You can go for a bloodtinge build right from NG, but you don't get anything that really uses that stat up till late in the game, and probably by that time you transitioned into a STR or DEX build.

Comment

Yeah, I’m on a strength build with the axe right now, but I’m hoping in NG+ and beyond I can start to use the hunter’s tools and experiment with other weapons. Enjoying every aspect of the playthrough so far, apart from those annoying insight-stealing brain-sucking things in the Upper Cathedral Ward...

Comment

My current game is a blood tinge build with the katana. Slaying most things pretty easy but once you get low enough in the dungeons you get your arse handed to you. I need to farm some better gems.

Comment

I’ll might give that a try on the next run through. Currently on NG+, and really, really enjoying it - gradually switching over to Ludwig’s Holy Blade from the axe. I’m probably over-levelled, so I might start building up the arcane and bloodtinge stats.

Great game though, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                  I’ll might give that a try on the next run through. Currently on NG+, and really, really enjoying it - gradually switching over to Ludwig’s Holy Blade from the axe. I’m probably over-levelled, so I might start building up the arcane and bloodtinge stats.

Great game though, innit?
                  'tis indeed!

Comment

...and I’ve just completed NG+6 (7th run through), and I’m done. Loved every minute of it. Discovered the PS Communities app for when I needed help with Kos and Ludwig the stupid trampling horse guy, and just had a blast. I’d put it just behind DS3 personally, which I think had better boss fights, but it’s still an amazing game. Having discovered From Software’s output only in the last two years, the downside is that most other games I play seem lacking somehow now... Anyway, fantastic game.

Comment

Working...
                    X