No announcement yet.

PSTV ?44.99 at Argos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm, sounds a bit pish if you relying on wireless then (which I would be)

Suppose I could try those tp connectors?

Comment

Yeah I use it over powerline ethernet adapters at both ends. Works great for remote play.

Comment

Cheers, will try that.
        Any to recommend or are they all pretty much the same?

Comment

BestBuy had the bundle (console, leads, 8GB memory card, DS3 and LEGO Movie download code) for $60 yesterday. How could I say no when I'm getting a new DS3 plus all those extras? I'll probably not use it for years but it won't be going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
            Cheers, will try that.
            Any to recommend or are they all pretty much the same?
            I think they're all a "standard", but previous "standards" (especially in the wifi realm) have made me wary of mixing manufacturers devices. I use TP-Link as they're generally cheap and I have a TP-Link router. I have a Av200 one with 3 ether ports and I have a single port with pass thru power socket at the other (short of power sockets at that end).
            For Remote play you only need around 5mbps but I get 11mbps.
            The only thing that could make it better would be Sony to do a massive rewrite of the PS3 firmware to support remote play on all games on PS3. It's that useful to me. Made a massive difference to me (no more dragging consoles upstairs to play in the bedroom).
            Last edited by gunrock; 07-04-2015, 08:30.

Comment

Also remember, if you are using WiFi on vita, to switch off the low power WiFi setting.

Comment

I thought there were PS3 games like ICO and Tokyo Jungle that suppoorted remote play, yet they never work for me.

Comment

I've played Ico and SOTC via remote play no problem.

Comment

Hm. Disc or DL?

Comment

Disc. Just noticed that PS TV doesn't support PS3 remote play. Weird as there's no reason it couldn't do it.

Comment

I've never managed to get my Vita to remote play a PS3 game.

Comment

Odd, though it might be that the PS3 only supports remote play with the PSP.

I used it once for about 30 seconds after an hour of getting it to work, then never again because of a combination of the hassle and not really needing it.

Can't even remember what I played.

Comment

Nah it does work with the Vita. Only about 3 games are supported though so it's a total waste of time.

Comment

And that's one of the reasons Sony have had to payout to early adopters after being sued due to misleading Vita advertising about remote play for PS3 games etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Nah it does work with the Vita. Only about 3 games are supported though so it's a total waste of time.
                                It is now, but back when the PS Store on PS3 was a web browser, and you couldn't buy and auto download from a web page, I used to remote turn on my PS3, buy a game and tell it to download, from my Vita at work so it'd be ready when I got home.

Comment

Working...
                                X