21 Jump Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 Jump Street

The writers of the first two films have confirmed that they're giving it a crack at trying to make a third entry into the Jump Street franchise. In doing so they have also stressed that as far as any potential set up is concerned. the next film will be approached in a way that considers the credits joke sequence of 22 Jump Street that showcases a whole run of sequels as canon and will be set after the events of all the fictional films.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 02-10-2018, 07:35.

LMAO that sounds incredible!

Comment

It appears that Ghostbusters won’t be the only popular property from the 1980’s getting a gender-adjusted adaptation. 21 Jump Street could see yet another cinematic iteration, this time wi

Too early for its own thread but Sony continues to stagger the world with it's amazing ideas pot, apparently they're now planning out a 21 Jump Street spin-off which is the same format... but with a female led cast.

Comment

Without reading... Paul Feig?

Comment

Not this time, but it does hint that Sony might be holding on the trigger of the spin-off to see how the GB reboot does first

Comment

Following in the footsteps of Ghostbusters, 21 Jump Street is getting a female-centric spinoff, which just hired two hilarious writers and took a different creative turn.

Writers have apparently been brought in to push through the female-focused spin-off to this

Comment

After many years of near starts and delays, Sony Pictures appears to be finally moving forward on “Bad Boys for Life” with the project finally about to hand out a green light to the third film in the series starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. The film sees the triumphant return of the two Miami […]

It's been bounced through being 23 Jump Street, 45 Jump Street, Jump Street vs Men in Black, back to 23 Jump Street and now Sony finally seems to have come full circle back to one of the first ideas they had to milk the franchises teats dry - 21 Jump Street: The ReReboot

The concept of rebooting the franchise with two female leads has taken over once again and the film seems to be moving ahead with a script now in place.

Comment

...because replacing male leads with female really worked well for Ghostbusters and Oceans8...

I'm all for gender balancing but maybe write a film with females in mind from the start.

Comment

I've still not seen Ocean's 8, felt little need because that series didn't need Ocean's 12 or 13 as yet and GB was poor from the off. I think the trouble is there's a difference between having an idea for a female led movie and deciding to make a female led movie and then trying to justify it with an idea you come up with later and too often it's all too obvious to audiences when the latter is the case.

Effectively what Sony has decided here is that they can't get Tatum and Hill to come back for a third film so they'll remake The Heat instead

Comment

I just don't think replacing one gender with another creates equality. It's almost as if studios are forced into apologising for having the original films having men in them.

I take it this will feature Melissa McCarthy doing fart jokes.

Comment

I think the only way this could work is if it was a smartly thought out one (like the self-aware nature 22JS had) but much of that was born of Miller and Lord's involvement as well as Hill so without them there's a real risk of pale imitation no matter how its approached.

The previous films were already subversive of the original property so quickly going to a female led incarnation will need to have some hook to avoid the usual criticisms they get. Sony's track record for filmmaking isn't inspiring however, it's decent stuff too often seeming to be in spite of their efforts instead of because.

To have any chance this should be unrecognisable from the last two films, I've no interest in a similar movie regardless of cast so being something different is needed.

Comment

21 and 22 are brilliant films.

If they can't get Tatum and Hill back for a third why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          21 and 22 are brilliant films.
                          Really? I thought there were mediocre at best, 22 being the worst.
                          But I'm not exactly a big fan of Jonah Hill anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                            Really? I thought there were mediocre at best, 22 being the worst.
                            Yup. Stupidly funny from start to finish.

Comment

“Girls Trip” star Tiffany Haddish is in talks for the lead role and “Crazy Rich Asians” breakout Awkwafina is being considered for her co-lead in a new female-driven take on the “21 Jump Street” franchise at Sony Pictures. Phil Lord & Chris Miller reinvented the iconic early 1990s TV series as two buddy cop comedy […]

Girls Trip actress Tiffany Haddish is in talks to take one of the two lead roles

Comment

Working...
                              X