No announcement yet.

Project Cars PS4/XBOX ONE/PC review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the reasons I love sim racing games are because they turn you onto cars you would have never normally shown an interest in.

Gran Turismo got me into Japanese cars and drifting through the Mitsubishi FTO, Colin McRae Rally introduced me to Subaru Impreza's, Project Gotham Racing 4 got me into Aston Martin through the DBR9 and up till now I've never been bothered by Porsche. *Cough* Sorry, I mean RUF.

But a few YouTube channels have been expelling the virtues of Porsche and James May buying one years ago made me feel that maybe there's a reason people love them. So I loaded up the GT3-RS in Project Cars and now I can finally see what the fuss is about. Feels weightless to drive with no understeer, fast and I barely ever spin out with it. It's basically a Nissan GT-R with no understeer!

I've loaded up Project Cars so many times now just to play a few laps and have spent a whole evening going around 1 track, perfecting a lap time, with real time of day turned on so as it gets dark outside in the evening, the sun sets in the game. It's all my favourite racing games combined into one.

Comment

Yeah you make some good points about the game. I still can't make the FFB to work quite right so without having that right sensation it's hard to load it up when there's a a couple other better games for "sim" racing. Laser scanned tracks also make a difference. You can definitely feel a difference between not having it.

Comment

@ Supergoal
        i have posted FFB settings for all available cars a few pages back. that's a file easily installed on PC and can also be adapted to consoles manually.

Comment

Pack of 5 cars available to buy (on PSN certainly). A couple of Bentleys (Eight and Continental GT3), BMW Le Mans car, McLaren F1 GTR and Merc CLK GTR.

Comment

Big big update just gone live, a list to,long to list but looks,like massive improvements all round. About to try it again now.

Comment

Good to hear. I haven even tried it since the Witcher 3 came out. I was thinking of selling the game but I'll see how the update improves things.

Comment

1.7Gb update with a long list of improvements. Haven't fired the game up yet though.

Comment

Hmm, I really need to give this a second chance.

Comment

Had the ridiculous lap time by an AI driver bug! 1:13 round Silverstone National in a Caterham Seven Classic, where I was in the high 1:20's. Thought I'd read it was fixed in the Patch list.

Comment

New (paid) DLC, with a (rather open) New Zealand track in five layouts (longest being just over 2 miles). There are also three Audis. An Audi 90 IMSA GT, the Audi R18 e-tron Quattro LMP1 and the older open Audi R8 Le Mans car (LMP1 equivalent). The Audi A1 Quattro is the free DLC car.

Just wondering why the e-tron Quattro is so slow round the Le Mans 24 hour course (and other LMP1's). It only reaches about 183 mph on the Mulsanne straights. I finished in around 3:40. Is it just my driving?

Comment

Another very extensive update last night. Too many improvements to list. It downloaded while I was playing Borderlands, The Handsome Collection.

Comment

Really enjoying the seasonal time trials in this, attempted to get into the top 100 times for Monza but could only approach the top... 1500's!

Still, got into the zone and spent a good hour just perfecting my break points and lines through the chicanes.

Comment

Working...
                          X