No announcement yet.

Splatoon review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a few days of being kicked off the servers, everything seems back to normal now. I've got to the stage where I really prefer some maps above others: I always groan when Port Mackerel comes up, and love Kelp Dome and Moray Towers. Tastes may vary. But I'm about 140 hours in and have only just started paying attention to the Ranked battles.

I know it's not a fashionable opinion generally, but I've loved the WiiU's output. I can count 15 games as some of the best I've played on a Nintendo machine. The only disappointment has been the absences: a fully 3D Mario, a 3D/2D Metroid, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, a decent Kirby...

Splatoon, though, has been a real eye-opener. It's a great new franchise with a lot of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      Trying to arrange teams with the few remaining members of this forum that actually still play games whilst also being spread across different timezones is especially difficult.
      Give me a shout when you're next on. Haven't played it in a few weeks (holiday and other stuff) so I need to get back on it sometime soon.

Comment

This has been getting a lot of love in our house lately - to the point of having to alternate between the two of us across opposing sides during Splatfest. Finished up single player last night, which I thought was great too - a great little mix of platforming and shooting, not overly long, and with some really great bosses - the last one being particularly brilliant. As a whole, it feels like the perfect representation of why I love having Nintendo doing things their own way - it's wonderfully designed, full of smart ideas, bright, cheerful, and just fun throughout. Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X