Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (New Metroidvania by Koji Igarashi) Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    I don't get the David Hayter thing. Yes he is loosely associated with Castlevania via osmosis but that aside... What relevance is there for him being part of the project?
    I'm with you on that, imagine how jarring it would be to hear solid snake as a 16th century man of god...

Very much looking forward to this mind.

Comment

I like the idea of the game, obviously, but I'd have to see how it actually looked in action before committing any money toward it. From what's shown on the kickstarter page I'm not sure it'll look in any kind of way how I'd personally want it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        I like the idea of the game, obviously, but I'd have to see how it actually looked in action before committing any money toward it. From what's shown on the kickstarter page I'm not sure it'll look in any kind of way how I'd personally want it to.
        Totally agree with you. I wanted it to look like a 8/16/32 bit game, hopefully as close to SotN or Dracula X as possible. I just have faith. I really want to play a new proper Castlevania. None of that Lords of Shadow nonsense.

Comment

Plenty of reservations, but love Iga far too much not to back, and to let him run free with what he wants to do.

The "Hayter" factor I guess just comes from him being a well-known voice actor who a lot of people like, and who the team likely knows already. That tier being $50k up doesn't mean his actual fee is $50k.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
            This is the game that will make me buy a PS4
            This and Axiom Verge.

No WiiU version sucks balls.

Comment

Unreal 4 doesn't run on Wii U.

Comment

Glad it has done well. I just hope it doesn't do a Mighty No 9.

Comment

I'm more worried about how it will look. I want it to look like SOTN, but I fear it will look like a hi-res flash game like the concept art indicated.

Comment

I find most 2D games look like flash games because they use block colours and lack scan lines.

Comment

They look like Flash games mainly because they are drawn the same way. Vector brushes giving sharp edges in weird places and, as you say, block colour. Makes it easier to change resolution but I do think the artistry has taken a serious hit.

Comment

It isn't 2d. It's being made with 3d assets.

Comment

Fair enough. Too much flat colour in games like this though. Perhaps there is a technical reason for it I don't know but it looks pants.

Comment

I was hoping it would be pixel art like the sword or whip site: http://swordorwhip.com/

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Pixel art mode will be one of the future stretch goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X