Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (New Metroidvania by Koji Igarashi) Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Either way it looks good so far.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      Fair enough. Too much flat colour in games like this though. Perhaps there is a technical reason for it I don't know but it looks pants.
      Yeah, Mighty No. 9 and that new Strider have some washed out and flat colours that I don't like. I assume it is an aesthetic choice but have no idea why you'd go with it.

Comment

I saw the site yesterday and am really surprised at how much it's already gone up in just 1 day. I really like Igarashi's work and have been hoping for a new 2d Castlevania for years. I think Castlevania Rebirth was his last CV game. Don't know who else was involved in that but I thought that was great especially the final boss.

Some of the best looking 2d/3d side scrolling games I've seen in recent years are Dust the Elysium Tail, Epic Mickey on the 3DS and Ultimate Ghost and Goblins. Ori and Child of Light look pretty good too. I'd hate this to look like an 8 bit game though as in the sword and whip site.

Comment

I went for the $28 digital backing.Already had two emails explaining their intentions.Looks a really good opportunity for a decent game

Comment

erghh stretch goals are one of my irks though boss rush mode....speed run mode....just something that really does not interest me at all and would they really take much time to program in ?

Comment

They're up to $1.72m with two stretch goals left. Looks like David Hayter is on board too! They're getting close to the speed run option.

EDIT: It won't let me put the picture on, but the last two stretch goals are:

$1.75m Speed Run Mode
              $2m Boss Rush Mode

Seems a lot of money for something I would thing would be fairly easy to implement.
              Naturally, never having made a game or ever been involved at any stage with making one, only playing them, my opinion is perfectly valid.

I agree about the pixel art though. It's funny the stretch goals picture above uses it, but the game doesn't.
              Last edited by QualityChimp; 13-05-2015, 11:26.

Comment

a PS1 Pixel art version that was physical I'd pay whatever they wanted lol!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  They're up to $1.72m with two stretch goals left.
                  They're adding stretch goals as the pledges keep piling up. I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be adding more over the funding period.

So far, a lot of the stretch goals seem like they should be standard in a game anyway, but I'm not complaining.

Kickstarter is a great way to go for these types of games. I don't think 22000+ copies of a game could ultimately be profitable to any publisher.

Comment

Pixel art and I'm in, no pixel art and am oot! As Duncan Bannatyne would say.

Comment

think pixel art has been done to death now i want High def hand drawn art and awesome animation, effects and backgrounds

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        think pixel art has been done to death now i want High def hand drawn art and awesome animation, effects and backgrounds
                        I'd really like to see that, though I don't know what it'd take to make that happen and how high that would appear on the stretch fund.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Pixel art and I'm in, no pixel art and am oot! As Duncan Bannatyne would say.
                          Pixel art as in blocky crap that old games never looked like anyway or do you mean quality 32bit style like a Saturn 2D game? That would be very nice I think but even in HD I think this game would look excellent as long as it's done right.

Went for the $60 option myself. Got to have that physical media.

Comment

^ Perhaps pixel art as in the excellent sprite work of SotN or Rondo of Blood. If they haven't got cash to do hand-drawn stuff to the level of BlazBlue, for example, they shouldn't even attempt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Pixel art as in blocky crap that old games never looked like anyway or do you mean quality 32bit style like a Saturn 2D game? That would be very nice I think but even in HD I think this game would look excellent as long as it's done right.

Went for the $60 option myself. Got to have that physical media.
                              As in, like a high end NEO GEO game or quality 2D PS/Saturn type thing.

Comment

Yeah, I guess there are different schools of thought of what are 'retro' 16-bit style graphics. For some it's that blocky crap and for others the actual stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X