Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (New Metroidvania by Koji Igarashi) Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Pixel art as in blocky crap that old games never looked like anyway or do you mean quality 32bit style like a Saturn 2D game?
    it only appears blocky because of modern resolutions.
    Last edited by PaTaito; 13-05-2015, 19:50.

Comment

Speaking of pixel art.

Stretch Goal for $2,250,000.
      A retro Level!

Now that you have the Crystal Lens, you can see that coming up at $2.25 million is… a Retro Level! Here’s an explanation from the developers:

One section of the castle will feature an area that Miriam can traverse in beautiful retro graphics. We've been referring to this section as the “8-bit Level” internally, although it may be closer to 16+ bit depending on how we mix it with the full game. While a full-blown 8-bit game doesn't fit into the game's budget, backer support will allow us to have fun with the development and create a little retro magic in our game.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
        it only appears blocky because of modern resolutions.
        I think you're missing the definition of pixel art Yakumo is talking about, by blocky I would assume he's talking about stuff like Fez, Super Time Force etc. Nothing to do with resolutions, it's the style and design of what many modern 'pixel' games are.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I think you're missing the definition of pixel art Yakumo is talking about, by blocky I would assume he's talking about stuff like Fez, Super Time Force etc. Nothing to do with resolutions, it's the style and design of what many modern 'pixel' games are.
          I can't imagine a castlevania type game ever being made that way anyway.

If this game was being made in 2d i would back it 100%, i'm a bit put off by it being 2.5d if i'm being honest here.
          Last edited by PaTaito; 15-05-2015, 05:21.

Comment

I just found out about this game and omg yes take my money please.

Anyone know how much this is going to be? I don't think it matters though.

Comment

Release date? It's not even out yet!?

Comment

Releasing June 18th for PC/PS4/XB1, and a week later on the 25th for Switch.

Finally!

Comment

The trailer is great:

Comment

Oh my days, that trailer really is something else.
                    Game does look so much better as well, I hadn’t seen much of it since E3 time (or maybe gamescom) last year.

Comment

Great news, can’t wait

Comment

BRILLIANT approach to feedback and a brilliant tralier.

I ordered it months ago anyway but this looks ace. Happy days.

Comment

This is now up for preorder everywhere… GAME have an exclusive steel book case going.

Comment

Ok one thing that has really started to bug me with crowdfunded games, seems like review copies have already sent and received.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              Ok one thing that has really started to bug me with crowdfunded games, seems like review copies have already sent and received.
                              I thought we’d have received the codes a couple of days early over the launch date

Comment

Working...
                              X