Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (New Metroidvania by Koji Igarashi) Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up for people who started playing early...

“We have been investigating a PS4/Xbox One issue that is blocking player progress in the game. We apologize for this bug and thank you for your patience while we investigated.
    The issue occurs when a new game is started before downloading the 1.02 update. After the update, treasure chests will appear in the incorrect open/closed state.
    Without the items from these chests, progress is blocked.
    Players affected by this bug will be required to restart the game with a new save in order to properly progress.
    We investigated a number of options to address this issue and each fix requires a new game to be started. Despite our efforts to provide a fix that preserves pre-1.02 progress, this is the best solution to avoid future issues.
    Xbox One players will also be affected by this when the update (1.00x on Xbox) is delivered next week. Switch players who will receive a physical copy should download the 1.02 patch before playing."

Comment

So is it safe to buy the PS4 version now? As long as you d/l the patch before starting?

Comment

Got my physical copy this morning (and steelbook) played about an hour and seems ok. I did download the 1.02 patch.

Controls seem a little floaty and I'm not convinced with the jumping mechanic, Miriam seems heavy and you need to be very deliberate with your button presses to get a "big" jump, has taken a little getting used to, I would think at some point you get the ability to double jump as there are a few things out of reach so might get better. Overall its been enjoyable but it's no symphony of the night.

Oh and there are a couple of very amusing English accents for the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
          Got my physical copy this morning (and steelbook) played about an hour and seems ok. I did download the 1.02 patch.

Controls seem a little floaty and I'm not convinced with the jumping mechanic, Miriam seems heavy and you need to be very deliberate with your button presses to get a "big" jump, has taken a little getting used to, I would think at some point you get the ability to double jump as there are a few things out of reach so might get better. Overall its been enjoyable but it's no symphony of the night.

Not worth the asking price, would you say? I'm waiting for pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            Not worth the asking price, would you say? I'm waiting for pay day.
            Hmm, not for me no, purely based on my style of play.

I'm sure some would say "Yes" though, is there a demo you could try?

Comment

Somebody do a first-play. I don’t know whether to buy it or not.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post

I did not have much a problem with the jumping i found it quite controllable, though if you ever played the early e3 build my god that was a lot worse

Comment

Destructoid have given the Switch version of this a light bashing...

I've got a physical copy arriving Friday and I really do want to play this in handheld mode for the most part so I think I am just gonna have to live with it.

Guess no one has any experience of the Switch port just yet?

Comment

No but I have seen people complaining on Twitter. I'm not sure of the details but it seems to be quite a visual downgrade - no idea if that's being blown out of proportion or if it just exactly as described.

Comment

My experience is that people blow these things way out of proportion. Guess I’ll find out soon!

Comment

I'm seeing this being shared as the damning evidence;

I already know I'm not as sensitive to graphic tech rough edges compared to a lot of folks, and this feels like a good example of it. It's not as good, clearly, but I'm not sure it's going to stop me enjoying it? It's probably better that I play it first, and then the PS4 version when it eventually comes will be an upgrade, rather than trying to do it the other way round...

Comment

If that is the evidence I can safely say I am not bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            I'm seeing this being shared as the damning evidence;

I already know I'm not as sensitive to graphic tech rough edges compared to a lot of folks, and this feels like a good example of it. It's not as good, clearly, but I'm not sure it's going to stop me enjoying it? It's probably better that I play it first, and then the PS4 version when it eventually comes will be an upgrade, rather than trying to do it the other way round...
                            Wow! That's a huge difference!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              Judging from the video, at least both versions run at the same framerate, which is more important for an action game than resolution and effects...but damn there's a huge difference between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                                Judging from the video, at least both versions run at the same framerate, which is more important for an action game than resolution and effects...but damn there's a huge difference between the two.
                                Switch version looks like it's running at 30fps.

Comment

Working...
                                X