Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (New Metroidvania by Koji Igarashi) Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro or X version of this?

Comment

I confused myself last night by thinking I had Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night,
      when in fact I had Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon!

I thought the graphics were a bit 8-bit!

I played it for a bit, though, and really enjoyed it.

Comment

Apparently both are very good. X looks a bit better, but has a bit of wobbly frame rate compared to Pro. But, both are really good. According to Digital Foundry.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I confused myself last night by thinking I had Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night,

Both are good! And there are links between them!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
            Have to admit though, the laggy controls and slow room loading are spoiling it a bit for me... So I ordered the PS4 version as well. It is a great game and I feel like I am missing out playing a less good version now, I take back what I said before. I hope they can improve it because it is already better in handheld mode and is a great long journey game.
            I watched someone stream the PS4 version last night. The loading screens took absolutely forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
              Summary for those that don't want to watch (possible late game bosses):
              • Game based on Unreal Engine 4.
              Ah, that explains everything.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                I watched someone stream the PS4 version last night. The loading screens took absolutely forever.
                Takes about 35 seconds to load your game, but once in, loading screens between areas are several seconds if that. For me anyway.

Comment

A patch for the Switch version that removes input lag and improves graphics is available now.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

It's pretty good, I thought it was a little rubbish at first as I'm not a massive NES-style graphics fan but the more you play it, the more you can see all the slick animations and graphical effects that border more on a 16-bit style. Some of the choonage is A1 as well.

Now hoping its bigger brother becomes a GWG like that one did...

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      It's pretty good, I thought it was a little rubbish at first as I'm not a massive NES-style graphics fan but the more you play it, the more you can see all the slick animations and graphical effects that border more on a 16-bit style. Some of the choonage is A1 as well.

Now hoping its bigger brother becomes a GWG like that one did...
                      I got a bit sick of many games using the style of pixel art .which seemed so basic felt almost like Atari 2600 levels. But when they try and create a game that looks like a enhanced 8bit or 16bit game that i do like

Creators of shovel knight said it best i believe they mentioned when they created the game it was like what people thought they remembered from the 8 bit days....not how it actually was.

Sonic mania was pretty good to, taking what looks like a megadrive/mega cd but improving effects and animation levels

Comment

Seeing as we're in Bumpsville, I'm going to take the opportunity to have another bit of a grumble...

I got my limited edition goods (box, soundtrack, pins, poster...) a few weeks back, but I'm still waiting for my PS4 backer copy of the game. As of the 24th of October the game's actually been released, but they've also advised international backers waiting for this Japanese version that we are essentially getting the game last out of everyone. Humbug! They've even got the first Switch performance patch out, but given I've held out until now I'm going to resist cracking that open...
                        [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] have you received your copy yet?

Can anyone comment on post-patch Switch performance?

How about all of you on Gamepass? Are you enjoying playing it for free?!

Comment

I think it's something crowd-funded projects need to be really wary of.

I backed Kung Fury as I wanted to see it made, but was underwhelmed when the film was released the same day on YouTube, the DVDs took a year to arrive, weren't in VHS boxes and there was a problem with the coding and it didn't play properly. I won't back them again.

Flipside - some people lose their minds when a tiny board game publisher sells games at an expo before the backers get theirs.
                          I think you need to be able to accept it's a great opportunity for them to stay solvent and make more games!

Maybe hold back the exclusives?

As for RotN, I can totally see why you feel a little cheated, [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION].

Comment

Given the opportunity to go back, I'd stand by backing the game and would even still take the same backer reward knowing it's meant another few months of thumb twiddling. I'm a little salty, but mostly my moaning is in jest - ultimately I've backed it because I wanted the project to happen, and am glad to see it go on to be commercially successful, likely paving the way for the team to do more.

I'm fairly philosophical about the whole crowdfunding thing, and while on one hand successful projects could perhaps do better in acknowledging backers' expectations, I also think some backers have a slightly heightened view of their contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              I'm fairly philosophical about the whole crowdfunding thing, and while on one hand successful projects could perhaps do better in acknowledging backers' expectations, I also think some backers have a slightly heightened view of their contribution.
                              Yeah, I think you're spot on with this. There are a bunch of things that people don't seem to get about crowdfunding but also information could be much more forthcoming in some scenarios. Crowdfunding comes with risk and also what it is essentially is investing in someone with no real stake other than expecting your backer rewards - and that's really what they are, rather than it being a preorder system. Otherwise it would just be a shop.

I have actually backed very few things over the years but, when I do, it's in the spirit of support. And I think it has to be that way. But it's also why I still think it's well dodgy when a company who could raise finance elsewhere takes to crowdfunding platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                                Seeing as we're in Bumpsville, I'm going to take the opportunity to have another bit of a grumble...

I got my limited edition goods (box, soundtrack, pins, poster...) a few weeks back, but I'm still waiting for my PS4 backer copy of the game. As of the 24th of October the game's actually been released, but they've also advised international backers waiting for this Japanese version that we are essentially getting the game last out of everyone. Humbug! They've even got the first Switch performance patch out, but given I've held out until now I'm going to resist cracking that open...
                                [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] have you received your copy yet?

Can anyone comment on post-patch Switch performance?

How about all of you on Gamepass? Are you enjoying playing it for free?!

Im getting the Xbox One version which was sent out first according to the blog post. Mine has been in Japan since the 3rd of November but I still don't have it. The tracking stopped at Narita Airport. If it doesn't come tomorrow then something has seriously gone wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X