No announcement yet.

User tagging, Facebook style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forwards to the first "oh god, not a like button" post getting liked by everyone on the forum

Comment

Comment

I like this idea - as I don't subscribe to every thread I partake in and don't check in as often as I used to, so being alerted if someone is calling me out for grammar is ideals.

Comment

So I see it already works in tapatalk although tapatalk is getting very annoying in their practices - they tried to take over as the default for Google search but that would ignore lots of the special seo and search stuff I did in the main styles. I've seen loads of other forums uninstalling it completely for various reasons. I'm not there yet on the annoyance front...
          Last edited by charlesr; 26-05-2015, 17:51.

Comment

I'm trying these 2 plugins. They seem to work and importantly uninstalled ok. The like / thanks one has the option to disable dislikes. The tagging one is a bit confusing but works. Will continue testing for a bit though

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I never know if my posts make people laugh or just wind people up most the time.
              The way I figure, I'm on just as many people's Ignore lists as I make laugh, but I've not been banned yet, so I'm not done something awful... yet. Dun dun Duuuuuuun!
              Just keep going.

In the past if someone said my joke wasn't funny I'd get all defensive. Now I just tell them that I make so many jokes it's only natural one or two will miss the target

Comment

Thanks, man! You're super!

Comment

Comment

Anything that makes the site like Facebook can only be a bad thing, but that's just one grumpy old mans opinion.

Comment

I can't wait to like that comment, just to wind you up, Colin!

Comment

Can we implement features that take the piss out of Facebook? For example, could we add the ability to like other likes?

And can we have hashtags that don't actually lead anywhere?

How about facial recognition for avatars? And an addenda to the T&Cs that says everything we post belongs to Team Andromeda to do with as he sees fit?

Oh and a 'Members you may know' box that shows members you interact most with!

Such possibilities...

Comment

Reminder to me to finish installing these.

Comment

Ok, in theory, the TAGGING feature is now live. I'll do the LIKE feature later.

So if I do [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] he should get a notification in the control panel....
                            You can also tag someone in an entire thread by using the new box at the top, which doesn't bump the thread if you just want to alert someone without posting anything else too.

If you press "go advanced", there's a new button that looks like a loud speaker diaphragm, but hitting @ before typing a name is easier. It doesn't provide a dropdown list as you type, so you need to get the name correct for it to work. However, it will be obvious it has worked because it will create an underlined link to the person's profile at the same time (after you have hit submit)

This feature will also send you an email. I can only turn this on and off globally at present (would cost money to make it at the user level). Any thoughts on whether this should be on or off?
                            Last edited by charlesr; 09-07-2015, 10:41.

Comment

Glad I looked in this thread, as I saw the thing below my name and thought wtf is that?

Comment

Did you get a notification in the top bar, similar to when you get a PM?

Comment

Working...
                                X