User Tag List

Page 122 of 154 FirstFirst ... 22112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1535
    Their pipeline is so slow now that I've stopped thinking they're taking time making the games and instead feel they just don't have many in development.

Released:
    Mario Tennis Aces
    Kirby Star Allies
    1-2 Switch
    ARMS
    Nintendo Labo
    Splatoon 2
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Fire Emblem: Warriors (Omega Force)
    Flip Wars
    Snipperclips

It's not so much a slating of the quality but there's a strong whiff of lower budget fare there, the type of stuff that would usually compliment the bigger releases that are mostly absent. Mario Odyssey is the main gun here and arguably still the only major Switch specific project Nintendo has released. ARMS is notable but calling a spade a spade was clearly released in an incomplete form ala Splatoon 1 to meet a deadline with the rest of the game added as free updates to soften the blow.

Ported:
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    Hyrule Warriors
    Bayonetta
    Bayonetta 2
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Almost as long a list and whilst strong stuff its key that this is scarily close to being a 50/50 split in the releases on the system meaning we're still yet to see Nintendo put any real effort or resources publically into content. That leaves...

Upcoming:
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Super Mario Party
    Pokémon RPG
    Pokémon Let's Go
    Yoshi (Good Feel)
    Metroid Prime 4 (Namco)
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Namco)
    Bayonetta 3 (Platinum)

The key upcoming announced games that stretch far into late 2019 at a minimum. Though again notably they're the ones being outsourced. Outsourcing isn't bad per se but if they're open to that then do the same with series they can't be bothered using themselves.

It's been like this for more years than would be fiscally responsible. Nintendo's cagey nature around announcements lately for future games also adds to the feeling that they just have little in the cooking pot. It could well be that Nintendo is sitting on a dozen major franchises and entries for 2019 and will really respond to lessons from the past but it'd be a first.

Prediction?
    -Nintendo stays quiet on 2019 releases all the way until mid-March 2019 with nothing of note released post-Smash Bros
    -Yoshi and Fire Emblem coast them till the Xmas period and they knock out Bayonetta 3 in Sept and Pokémon RPG in November
    -They might show Metroid Prime 4, announce some bits akin to a new Mario Golf etc but for the most part we'll be having the same discussing in a year when the release schedule is staring down the barrel of the fourth year gun

Like with Batman Season One, it's nice being able to catch up with some backlog at times I otherwise couldn't but I often feel any enjoyment the system offers is in spite of Nintendo rather than due to them

Quote Originally Posted by teddymeow View Post
    The fact I've had to carry out two different repairs on mine in the time I e owned it shows it is a pretty shoddily made piece of kit.
    That crack by the power button on mine has now come off, so there is a chip of plastic missing here now. The unit has been treated really well and there are too many reports of this exact thing online for it to be anything other than a build issue (old PSP models had almost the exact same issue). Also I had to send my joycons to be repaired because it was registering input when I wasn't touching the sticks, so characters would wander off on their own. Took close to a month to get them back. A couple of months later and they've started doing the same thing.

So yeah. I think there are design and build issues.

Edit: seems a bit disingenuous to call Breath of the Wild a port when it was released simultaneously with the WiiU version and only feels like it got a WiiU version at all as a gesture to owners given that the system was effectively dead.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 24-08-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    That crack by the power button on mine has now come off, so there is a chip of plastic missing here now.
    I've got a spare shell if you want it. Ordered one from eBay but got impatient so ordered another from Amazon.

Was gonna keep it just in case but seeing as when I (rarely) use the Switch it's in docked mode I can send it to you if you want along with the screwdrivers to remove and replace.

Quote Originally Posted by teddymeow View Post
    I've got a spare shell if you want it. Ordered one from eBay but got impatient so ordered another from Amazon.
    Wow, that's incredibly kind of you! Really appreciate the offer. I'm tempted to just leave it for the moment because it's such a small chip that it feels like everything else is pretty secure... I hope. Have you replaced your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Have you replaced your own?
    I did. Touch wood it's okay for now. Wasn't too tricky either but you need to be really careful as Nintendo have used, for want of a better description "soft screws" so it is really easy to destroy the thread on them if you're overzealous.

Just let me know if you change your mind though.

Though they were day and date together, Breath of the Wild on Switch is akin to say the latest Assassin's Creed coming out on PS4 when the system first came out as well as PS3. The devs may have prepped it for the newer system in various ways but it was from conception through design made for the older hardware. If Nintendo wasn't as slow as it was or the WiiU not have bombed as hard as it did the game would only be on WiiU, one perk as it would have ended being overshadowed like Skyward Sword kind of has been.

Though in either case it still leaves a void of Switch development. Animal Crossing remains the biggest curiosity, that WiiU mini-software thing they did even had updated visuals so surely something was in the works at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Their pipeline is so slow now that I've stopped thinking they're taking time making the games and instead feel they just don't have many in development.
    I always thought the problem was stretching themselves between a home console and handheld... a problem that could be solved by concentrating on a single hybrid system.

Apparently not though, as it would appear. They’re not really making any new 3DS games as Cap’n Toad was a Wuu port. So what are Nintendo’s first party teams up to?

And there’s at least Mario Maker and New Super Mario Bros. U Switch yet to be added to the port list...
    Last edited by _SD_; 24-08-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Makes you wonder how they'll cope when they run out of WiiIU games to port...

Wii Music: HD Remix!

From the upcoming release I'm interested in metroid and bayonetta, that's it. My own fault really, I should know from previous Nintendo consoles that I only actually like Zelda and metroid!