Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwayne Johnson to Headline Big Trouble in Little China Remake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwayne Johnson to Headline Big Trouble in Little China Remake!

Im just gonna leave you lot with this article and headline. I dont need to add anything, I believe the majority of the gang here will share my sentiments . . . .

Well... I guess The Rock is able to not take himself seriously, but he does tend to play the same part - an angry guy snorting like a bull.

Does this need remaking? No.

Big Trouble, I say again, was ahead of its time in several ways. The Idiot Hero trope may have been pioneered by the likes of Inspector Clouseau, but that was a straight-up comedy. Audiences weren't ready for Kurt Russell, fresh from films like Escape from New York and The Thing, to be the American hero that plays second-fiddle to the Chinese characters.

The Idiot Hero is a common narrative tentpole all the way up to Emmett in The Lego Movie.

The other thing BTiLC pioneered was implementing Asian martial arts film-making. 14 years later, Crouching Tiger won an Oscar.

A remake may well be a whimsical jape and introduce a new audience to the original, but there will be nothing pioneering about it. :/

Comment

Would rather kurt did a sequel, there has been a petition in the Internet for years asking this to happen

Big trouble is in my top 5 movies of all time and I adore it but it's not all original, the 3 storms were a complete rip off of another movie called shogun assassin (masters of death)never right down to the giant bamboo hats

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Big Trouble, I say again, was ahead of its time in several ways. The Idiot Hero trope may have been pioneered by the likes of Inspector Clouseau, but that was a straight-up comedy. Audiences weren't ready for Kurt Russell, fresh from films like Escape from New York and The Thing, to be the American hero that plays second-fiddle to the Chinese characters.
        The way I've always seen BTILC is that Kurt Russell has wandered into someone else's Kung Fu movie.

Comment

Three years ago came word that Dwayne Johnson wanted to both produce and star in a remake of John Carpenter’s iconic 1986 fantasy action-comedy “Big Trouble in Little China” – a proposition that made the original’s fans very nervous. Things did not improve when Carpenter himself revealed he was only made aware of the project […]

This is still on the cards but the real reveal is that it's been confirmed that the film isn't a remake of the 80's original, it is in fact Big Trouble in Little China 2

Johnson will play a new character in the film which is canon to the original but each is said to be pretty standalone.

Comment

I like it. That's the way to do it.

Comment

Comment

Aye sold now, just hope it's as good as the first

Comment

[MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION] - I don't get it. It's the pic from the PC thread...?

Comment

Wtf! Was supposed to be a pic of Mr punch.!

Comment

Oh! I thought it was some really obscure but probably very smart joke. Took me a moment to figure out the Mr Punch thing too but I got it now. I get jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Please don't edit this

Comment

Working...
                        X