Amazon Japan login issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Japan login issue?

I have an Amazon account. I can log quite happily into the UK, US, German, French etc sites without an issue. When I try to log into Amazon Japan however, it says there is an issue with my email address and/or password. I can't see why, I'm using the same details. Anyone got any ideas? I wanted to order a book specifically from Amazon Japan, because it isn't available anywhere else.
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Amazon accounts aren't exactly universal, you need one specifically for Amazon Japan.

Comment

That's right. I have two accounts. One I use for Amazon Japan only and another I use for Amazon US and UK.

Comment

I've ordered stuff from Amazon Japan in the past though, with the same email address I use for Amazon in general. Albeit that was 8 years ago (I found the order confirmation emails I was sent). Have things changed since then? If so, then fair enough, I'll sign up again using a different email address.

Comment

You don't need separate emails for each account i'm currently using all my Amazon accounts with the same email address to log in but like already mentioned UK & USA will allow you to share login between them, Japan is totally separate so it has a different password than when i log in to either UK/USA.

If you are convinced you had a Amazon Japan account with the email you are trying then use the account retrival to find out what password you used for it.

Comment

Yep, I definitely ordered from Amazon Japan with the same email address, it says it on the order confirmation

I'm obviously thinking if I go to reset my password via the Amazon Japan website though, it will reset for the rest too. That's why I wasn't sure about doing it. Maybe I'll just sign up again anyhow with a different email, make life easier...

Comment

No it won't, as far as Amazon goes the Japanese branch is it's own separate company it's not linked or related to the others in the world. Resetting your Japanese accounts password would change nothing elsewhere as they don't share account info. I have been using Amazon Japan for 7 years now and it never let you share account info as thats why i had to sign up a whole new account for Japan when i first joined.

Comment

Also Amazon Japan has no free Prime video perks like the western Amazon. If it did I'd have free Amazon movie downloads for years on the plus side I can order an item before 10am and have it delivered to my home before 8pm the same day with free shipping.

Comment

Do you have to spend a certain amount for that service Yakumo?

Comment

No, just become an Amazon Prime member. I think it's about 4800 yen a year. May seem a lot but I buy from Amazon at least 70 times a year so it actually works out really well for me.

Comment

Well, cheers for the assistance there guys. I honestly would think I had the same password for the Japanese branch as the rest, just to make life easier for me, but evidently not, hence why I found out it wasn't "working". Hopefully sorted out now.

Comment

Wife also mentioned that they have some sort of reward program but it isn't that great, only on certain purchases and something like 1yen.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          No, just become an Amazon Prime member. I think it's about 4800 yen a year. May seem a lot but I buy from Amazon at least 70 times a year so it actually works out really well for me.

4800 only?! We pay ?79...

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                            4800 only?! We pay ?79...
                            Its actually even less than that LOL
                            Originally posted by Amazon Japan
                            After your free trial, Amazon Prime is just ¥3,900/year. Cancel anytime.
                            However if you live outside Japan it's pointless getting it as they won't give you free shipping internationally.

Comment

Oh, 3900 yen even better value. You guys get shafted with your Amazon Prime. I bet they don't do same day delivery too even though the UK is smaller than Japan. There are many stupid things in Japan but I have to say that the postal service kicks arse.

Comment

Working...
                              X