Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    There was a reddit AMA with Yu Suzuki yesterday and, if I picked it up correctly, in that he seems pretty determined that the story will not conclude in 3 and would need a 4th which seems like lunacy to me.
    Said it for years that Shenmue III would never finish the story. Glad to see Yu Suzuki will not scale back the game and story too much just to try and get it all done in one game.

Comment

Scale back? There was so little story in the first games for their length they were practically unwriting it.

Comment

Yep. Here's the entire story so far: Ryo goes looking for someone very, very, very slowly.

As it is, he seems to have dropped chapters from what TA was saying - Suzuki said yesterday that there were 11 total, which is a weird number. There really is absolutely no reason not to finish it up in a single game. Conclusion: (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Ryo finds him. They fight. THE END.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Scale back? There was so little story in the first games for their length they were practically unwriting it.
          The story to Shenmue is simply : Its just your simple revenge story that's been done a million times before in classic Hong Kong movies and where other SEGA games like Yakuza have a much better story and script . No doubt Ryo will get his revenge (but there's bond to be twist, that Lan Di is his uncle or somthing) . I never really liked Shenmue for the story (or the 1st that game that much tbh) , but more so for the game world and the cast of characters. I'm just glad to see that Yu Suzuki isn't really read to compromise on the scale just yet.

Comment

As it is, he seems to have dropped chapters from what TA was saying - Suzuki said yesterday that there were 11 total, which is a weird number
            In the old interviews - They was 16 chapters written out and part of the old plan was to release Shenmue on the DC as each seprate chapter , but they could be scaled back or joined up or parts dropped like the boat journey from Part I .

There even was a photo showing the number chapters from a AM#2 intervieww when making the XBox versions and in that it shows that Shenmue III wouldn't finish the game

Comment

Well he is now saying there are 11 chapters total. Plans change, rewrites happen. This is normal and not in any way a problem.

"Shenmue is based off of 11 chapters that make up the whole story. These past 14 years I have been planning 4 or 5 games that would encompass the whole series."

Comment

Well he is now saying there are 11 chapters total. Plans change, rewrites happen. This is normal and not in any way a problem.

"Shenmue is based off of 11 chapters that make up the whole story. These past 14 years I have been planning 4 or 5 games that would encompass the whole series."
                Of coruse things change , Ryo wasn't even the main character when the game was 1st being planned . Yu Suzuki even that Shenmue story could go up past 21 chapaters to tell the backround story, in a feature years back. I mean if it just the 'story' Yu could tell that on the cheap and finish the game on a mobile or just publish the scipt and then we all know .

I liked Shenmue II more for the game world , the adventure , cast and the feeling of taking part in a Hong Kong epic film on a epic scale myself and if that means 2 more games so be it

Comment

Except I reckon the chances of you seeing game number 4 will reduce significantly after this.

Comment

Except I reckon the chances of you seeing game number 4 will reduce significantly after this.
                    Depends on if the game is any good and the so-called fans are there. Either way I'm not holding up my hopes or that Shenmue III will even make it to retail much less for the planned 2016 date
                    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 20-06-2015, 10:29.

Comment

It's December 2017 but I completely agree with your sentiment. I doubt we'll see it then. And I have serious doubts about the audience being there beyond core fans who are already supporting the Kickstarter. Which is why to do anything other than wrap it up in the one chance they have seems insane to me. Better a reduced shortened version than an incomplete tale never to be finished. I need closure.

Comment

. I need closure
                        If the games flops . I'm sure Yu Suzuki will know the game is up and tell the world the end or at least show off, the end script . At the moment with next to no news on how much SONY is funding , next to no news onthe Yu's Team or the number of staff . I'm not getting my hopes up we'll even seen Shenmue III.

Comment

Now the game has proven itself popular (over $3.54 million currently), do people think they should be allowed to do a second Kickstarter campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Now the game has proven itself popular (over $3.54 million currently), do people think they should be allowed to do a second Kickstarter campaign?
                            That isn't popular. That's small fry.

Comment

Yep, I'm with Naka on this. This is a million miles (and 10s of millions of dollars) away from proving actual commercial viability.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                I don't really class that as Popular . I be really impressed when it hits $20 million myself . People always want something more when they thing they can't get it imo

Comment

Working...
                                X