User Tag List

Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    But the most pressing question is...which classic Sega coin-op will be in the game this time around?

Who said anything about Shenmue IV? Is that a thing? I seem to remember the first two games being like six chapters of the story or something.
    It too SEGA and a team of over 200 staff some $70 million dollars and 7 plus years to make just 6 chapters in basic screen res. There's 10 chapters left to be told in the HD era never mind the open world genere has moved on so much since Shenmue 1/II . Can't see how Shenmue III will finish the story myself - Not unless its scaled back and then the magic of Shenmue dies for me a little, even more that the thought of a bloody kickstarter funded game

Quote Originally Posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    But the most pressing question is...which classic Sega coin-op will be in the game this time around?
    I'll say none seeing as 1) SEGA got nothing to do with the project and 2) I doubt there was any major Arcades in Guilin lol . Jokes aside It would be nice to see games likes Revenge of Death Adder, AB Cop, Super Monaco GP which have never been ported to the home

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I'll say none seeing as 1) SEGA got nothing to do with the project and 2) I doubt there was any major Arcades in Guilin lol . Jokes aside It would be nice to see games likes Revenge of Death Adder, AB Cop, Super Monaco GP which have never been ported to the home
    You do realise I was asking the question in jest, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    It took SEGA and a team of over 200 staff some $70 million dollars and 7 plus years to make just 6 chapters in basic screen res. There's 10 chapters left to be told in the HD era...
    Ahh, thanks. So sixteen chapters altogether?

Maybe they'll rewrite the story to fit into one game.

Or add the extra chapters as DLC!

I'd be quite miffed if Shenmue III finished on a cliffhanger and they fired up another Kickstarter!

Quote Originally Posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
    Jesting or not, I'm curious! Considering the gaming landscape now, it might well be possible to license some non-Sega games as arcades in Shenmue. Considering the Sony-backing, would some 80's Namco games be out of the question?

Maybe they'll add that as a stretch goal

Dreamcast version as a stretch goal would be cool.

I never actually believed it would happen. Just had a look and the KS is now over 3/4 complete already.

It's actually going to happen...

Parts 1 & 2 as a stretch goal would be nice. I'd prefer to play the whole thing from the beginning after all these years.

Just pledged $5. Not going for the full $30 right now because a) I want to see how this plays out and b) I'm hoping for a poll that lets me vote for optional Japanese audio with English subtitles. I wonder if my Japanese will be good enough in 1.5 years to tackle it in Japanese.

Even if they just do an English dub I'll probably give in and buy it, though.

This is amazing, hopefully the gaming world can "make it rain" enough that it becomes a trilogy boxset like how Bayonetta 2 included the previous game. I'd buy a PS4 in a heart beat for Shenmue trilogy.