No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tears of joy filling my eyes right now, seriously never thought I?d see this day.

The sequel to my fav game of all time.

It looks beautiful.....
    Last edited by DANGEROUS-3; 16-06-2015, 09:30.

Comment

Some day in the future, our kids are come to us racked with self-doubt. It can't be done, dad. Look at the realities. You can't change the world. And we'll say, sit down and let me tell you a story about a boy named Ryo and a third game that everyone said couldn't be done.

Comment

Can somebody who contributed suggest that they make it have good controls unlike the first two.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Some day in the future, our kids are come to us racked with self-doubt. It can't be done, dad. Look at the realities. You can't change the world. And we'll say, sit down and let me tell you a story about a boy named Ryo and a third game that everyone said couldn't be done.

(Now this is out of the way, anyone know if there's been any E3 news of that other and superior SEGA franchise, Yakuza? I know SEGA aren't presenting this year, but...)
          Last edited by Golgo; 16-06-2015, 09:22.

Comment

I'm so excited for this. It could be done with the same controls and I wouldn't care. Shenmue's about the story and the VIBE.

Comment

There's no need for it to have poor controls anymore. We now have dual analog sticks. It was only the prohibitive Dreamcast control pad that held them back in the past.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

There's absolutely no need and it would be a shame if it did. I still wouldn't care! I love replaying Shenmue 1 and 2 today. My favourite games really, along with MGS1.

The Ebay prices on the first two are gonna go absolutely nuts.

Comment

This went up by $18k just while I was watching the four minute video.

Comment

Someone paid $10k for the original Ryo jacket. Crazy!

Comment

Sod it, second game I've ever funded on KS
                      Hopefully it wraps things up plenty as the story is paper thin enough that further games wouldn't be hard to do anyway. I imagine this has moved forward thanks to a mixture of modern tech, Sony funding and crowd sourcing. Sega would have never moved on it.

Though S1 and S2 were mega budget titles, these days this really doesn't need to be so Yu must feel he can just about meet the requirements. I expect it will be better to play than the first two but still unrefined hence the lack of full release.

Still, I'll take this easily.

With FF7, TLG and Shenmue 3 appearing you can feel the heat from the eyes of a million gamers turn towards Half Life 3 again

Comment

Just $64,000 to go already...

Comment

People just have impossibly high expectations for Shenmue 3 , it's an impossible task but let's wait and see

Comment

Makes me believe that Sega are in the process of creating a Shenmue & Shenmue II HD collection for release soon or closer to the release date of Shenmue III.

Comment

They're probably watching this with interest. I imagine the chances of a Shenmue 1 and 2 collection will be directly tied into the success of this. But even if this smashes through multiple millions, I don't expect much effort. I reckon it will be just the games, rendered at a modern res old textures and all. That's if it happens at all.

Comment

$10000 for a jacket is obscene, sorry.

It's a shame there's no physical version for the PS4.

I couldn't get into DC Shenmue II as I really missed having a second analogue stick.

Plus, everybody wanted to talk to me. Everybody!

Well, I guess I'm just stalling whilst I watch the money go up and...

BOOM

FUNDED!

Comment

Working...
                                X