No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Through 2million...wonder how high it will go?

Comment

Goal reached.

Comment

You know what this means…
        Charlesr can no longer troll us with the obligatory ‘Shenmue 3 – announced’ threads.

It’s the end of an era

Comment

We'll always have Raiden Fighters Aces.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Can somebody who contributed suggest that they make it have good controls unlike the first two.
            Definitely. I'll be watching the polls like a hawk.

Maybe they'll do a Capcom and have both control schemes to calm the haters.

Comment

There is no way they would stick with the old control method. I'm willing to bet this won't even be an issue.

Comment

Just made my small contribution. I don't care if it isn't graphically on par with the latest big titles, I just want the vibe from the original games, which will be harder to pull off.

Comment

Now several years to wait till it actually gets released.

Comment

Funded!

Comment

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about Yu Suzuki or the development history of the previous two entries but I think I'm spotting a couple of red flags... This Kickstarter will raise an obscene amount of money. Given the huge scope of Shenmue's open-ended world and the lack of a publisher behind this third game, keeping the objectives realistic, reining in expectations and making sure things move along at a reasonable pace, this could end up having a long and troubled development cycle.

I hope I'm wrong and it truly delivers, this series and its fans deserve it.

It's stupid not to offer a physical copy of the PS4 version. So stupid, in fact, that I'm sure they'll address that.

Comment

That's the kind of stuff I'm not worried about with Shenmue 3. The franchises scope was epic and genre pushing back when the first games were made but not anymore, by modern standards Shenmue isn't that complicated to recreate in terms of design and I don't expect Shenmue 3 to have any illusions of being a AAA experimental giant. It'll be a budget extension of the first two meaning hours of punching, talking to npcs and opening sock drawers

Comment

^Yep. In that regard, I don't see expectations being unrealistic at all. Yes it sank stupid amounts of money back in the day (and even then, I don't think the end product ever truly reflected the money that went into it) but to reach that same level now is much more achievable.

Comment

I'd back a Dreamcast version.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              That's the kind of stuff I'm not worried about with Shenmue 3. The franchises scope was epic and genre pushing back when the first games were made but not anymore, by modern standards Shenmue isn't that complicated to recreate in terms of design and I don't expect Shenmue 3 to have any illusions of being a AAA experimental giant. It'll be a budget extension of the first two meaning hours of punching, talking to npcs and opening sock drawers
                              It would appear that many do not see it your (the real) way. It's just going to be a standard action/exploration title with a story that many have wanted to see the conclusion to for a number of years. I highly doubt that it'll be groundbreaking in any way, shape or form. It's definitely not going to need a Ninjascopic panel or System Card 46.2 to play it.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I see your points, but what if it raises something like 40 or 50 million dollars? Won't they feel pressured to add more and more? If it does, I hope an HD collection of the first two games became a stretch goal.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                I'd back a Dreamcast version.
                                A Dreamcast version would be so, so cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X