Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Needs 2 million. At 850k in under an hour. Looks like Sony is giving some dollar and using Kickstarter as a way to gauge interest... look like Bloodstained isn't going to be the highest grossing kickstarter for long!

Backed.

Glorious news and best of E3.

Comment

Bollocks! Bloody PlayStation and PC only. Looks like I'm going to need another bit of kit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Bollocks! Bloody PlayStation and PC only. Looks like I'm going to need another bit of kit now.
        A happy reason to be forced into buying then!

Comment

You live in Japan? and you own an xbox?.... whose fault is that then.

Comment

Its approaching $1m ALREADY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
              You live in Japan? and you own an xbox?.... whose fault is that then.
              Why should I follow what others do I like the games on Xbox which is why I bought it. Time to build a gaming PC for Shenmue 3 I think. Besides, what about all the other Sega owners who moved to Xbox and don't live n Japan? See, location has nothing to do with it

Comment

Its a joke tbh . The trailer looked like **** with good awful art used on the main characters and to have a game on SONY main stage but SONY not even willing to back the game with $2 million of its own money is laughable .

This is not the way Shenmue III and IV should be made imo

Comment

Why should I follow what others do I like the games on Xbox which is why I bought it. Time to build a gaming PC for Shenmue 3 I think. Besides, what about all the other Sega owners who moved to Xbox and don't live n Japan? See, location has nothing to do with it
                  We got a hipster here guys! j/k Xbox is good.

On a serious note, this is confirmed PS4 and PC only?

Comment

For a second there I thought you were expecting it to be released on DC

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                    Its a joke tbh . The trailer looked like **** with good awful art used on the main characters and to have a game on SONY main stage but SONY not even willing to back the game with $2 million of its own money is laughable .

This is not the way Shenmue III and IV should be made imo
                    Every time you write Sony as SONY I read it in a shouty voice like Mr. T from Digitizer.

Yeah, the trailer looked quite bad, didn't it? Part of me is worried they'll fall short of the first two games' lofty heights but maybe technology has progressed enough that they can create a large world with all the intricate details of the DC games like opening random drawers cheaply enough. I think it might be quite a budget-looking thing if it's only $30 for a digital version. Maybe it'll be a PSN game...

Who said anything about Shenmue IV? Is that a thing? I seem to remember the first two games being like six chapters of the story or something.

Comment

But the most pressing question is...which classic Sega coin-op will be in the game this time around?

Comment

Who said anything about Shenmue IV? Is that a thing? I seem to remember the first two games being like six chapters of the story or something.
                        It too SEGA and a team of over 200 staff some $70 million dollars and 7 plus years to make just 6 chapters in basic screen res. There's 10 chapters left to be told in the HD era never mind the open world genere has moved on so much since Shenmue 1/II . Can't see how Shenmue III will finish the story myself - Not unless its scaled back and then the magic of Shenmue dies for me a little, even more that the thought of a bloody kickstarter funded game

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          But the most pressing question is...which classic Sega coin-op will be in the game this time around?
                          I'll say none seeing as 1) SEGA got nothing to do with the project and 2) I doubt there was any major Arcades in Guilin lol . Jokes aside It would be nice to see games likes Revenge of Death Adder, AB Cop, Super Monaco GP which have never been ported to the home

Comment

I'll say none seeing as 1) SEGA got nothing to do with the project and 2) I doubt there was any major Arcades in Guilin lol . Jokes aside It would be nice to see games likes Revenge of Death Adder, AB Cop, Super Monaco GP which have never been ported to the home
                            You do realise I was asking the question in jest, right?

Comment

It took SEGA and a team of over 200 staff some $70 million dollars and 7 plus years to make just 6 chapters in basic screen res. There's 10 chapters left to be told in the HD era...
                              Ahh, thanks. So sixteen chapters altogether?

Maybe they'll rewrite the story to fit into one game.

Or add the extra chapters as DLC!

I'd be quite miffed if Shenmue III finished on a cliffhanger and they fired up another Kickstarter!

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Jesting or not, I'm curious! Considering the gaming landscape now, it might well be possible to license some non-Sega games as arcades in Shenmue. Considering the Sony-backing, would some 80's Namco games be out of the question?

Maybe they'll add that as a stretch goal

Comment

Working...
                              X