No announcement yet.

Shenmue 3 PS4 & PC SERIOUSLY HAPPENING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast version as a stretch goal would be cool.

Comment

I never actually believed it would happen. Just had a look and the KS is now over 3/4 complete already.

It's actually going to happen...

Comment

Parts 1 & 2 as a stretch goal would be nice. I'd prefer to play the whole thing from the beginning after all these years.

Comment

Just pledged $5. Not going for the full $30 right now because a) I want to see how this plays out and b) I'm hoping for a poll that lets me vote for optional Japanese audio with English subtitles. I wonder if my Japanese will be good enough in 1.5 years to tackle it in Japanese.

Even if they just do an English dub I'll probably give in and buy it, though.

Comment

This is amazing, hopefully the gaming world can "make it rain" enough that it becomes a trilogy boxset like how Bayonetta 2 included the previous game. I'd buy a PS4 in a heart beat for Shenmue trilogy.

Comment

Bollox, now I gotta play shemue 2

Comment

Good to see Ys have a sense of humour:

"Share the project with every-one/thing/place you know! Random people on the street? Let ?em know. Sailors in bars? Let ?em know."

Comment

It's pretty well documented how ridiculously expensive the originals were, so I'd really like to know to just what extent Sony are involved in this. For them to push a Kickstarter so prominently in their E3 event completely blows my mind, and to top it off the physical product is PC exclusive? Never mind that aside from Yu Suzuki, all of the team are relative unknowns too.

Comment

Oh for ****'s sake - I've never played 2, so after backing the Kickstarter I went straight on eBay...

The prices are horrendous.

Comment

English version? Maybe because it was only in the UK, I guess. I think the Japanese one is reasonable but I don't really see it when I go to game shops.

Might be worth checking places like Craigslist in case someone lists it on there cheaply.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      It's pretty well documented how ridiculously expensive the originals were, so I'd really like to know to just what extent Sony are involved in this. For them to push a Kickstarter so prominently in their E3 event completely blows my mind, and to top it off the physical product is PC exclusive? Never mind that aside from Yu Suzuki, all of the team are relative unknowns too.
                      I wonder if they're going for heart strings this E3 with this, TLG and FF7.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Dreamcast version as a stretch goal would be cool.
                        True, would be a nice touch.

Currently sitting at ?1.65M so won't have any trouble reaching any goals it sets.

Comment

Surely they will bring 1and2 to hd before release ? Maybe worth holding on than buying expensive eBay copies .

Comment

I thought I woke with a daze this morning when I read the news as I've not been following the start of E3 this year, but Shenmue III...

I'm so happy by the news. Obviously the video is still early so the voice work and everything is work in progress but the graphics are seriously beautiful and I love the art design. I'll back this today, I'm just trying to work out whether to either go for the $29 tier or the $100 tier... Or maybe the $120 tier for a toy capsule!

Comment

Amazing. Looks beautiful. Atrocious voice acting. More Shenmue. This is a momentous day.

My only fear is the way they split the locations by stretch goals and refer to the start of the journey like they don't plan on finishing it here. They should take whatever they get and finish the story.

Comment

Lovely art but poor animation and voices. That music is so good though.

I'm merely curious about this. I don't think it will wrap things up at all with the story and neither do I think it will do mega money. Could end up back to square one in a couple of years.
                                I really hope it does wrap things up though. Yu Suzuki just needs to finish the story within a competent game.
                                Last edited by nakamura; 16-06-2015, 08:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X