Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's how far the deceit flows!

I'm guessing this new one will cater towards people like yourself, QC. Continue as normal.

Comment

I knew most of that but didn't realise it ran so deep. Realised after finding the true body later on in the game.

Comment

I'm with Chimp. Like...How?? What?! Is that lore fully discoverable in-game?

Comment

That Reddit extract sounds like something L. Ron Hubbard would write.

Comment

Reads like game writing rule #1: impenetrable convolutedness = impeccable quality.

Kojima also swore by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              I'm with Chimp. Like...How?? What?! Is that lore fully discoverable in-game?
              Probably not, considering how crappy the localisation supposedly is.

There was recently a project to do a decent localisation that finished, you can patch the Steam version I believe.

Edit: Looking at some of their example videos I'm a little blown away.
              Last edited by speedlolita; 17-06-2015, 23:29.

Comment

The accountants at Square Enix worked out how much money this will potentially make and then, with $$$ signs in their eyes, unleashed the creatives.

I think this comes at the right time. The PS4 has the power to allow for a remake that will really blow people away.

Comment

Seeing as FF7 is 50% off right now on Steam I may grab it and start playing that translation. The videos won me over, it flows so much better.

Comment

I hope it's not too descriptive/in-your-face. All of the above mentioned is there within the narrative of the original game, you don't even need to play Crisis Core as all that does is add a layer of emotion with Zack and Cloud's friendship.

Sure, the translation can be tidied up a fair bit, but do leave a sufficient amount to be contemplated and figured out. 'Light bulb' moments make a good story a great story.

I always go on about how I'm not interested in stories being in games. How on earth can I appreciate anything on a Hollywood scale after playing through FFVII? It's basically the Akira of video games (the manga, not the anime).
                    Last edited by dataDave; 18-06-2015, 01:42.

Comment

lol, $80 pre-orders. No ta.

Comment

All of the above story is in the game iirc, but as said- the translation can make it difficult. The most difficult part is probably what the black blobs are speaking "reunion" and why there are so many of them/are under thrall.

Comment

I'm tempted to try that new translation, but as someone who has played through FFVII once before (back when it was first released on PC), I should probably wait for the remake - otherwise it might be too soon when that comes.

Comment

I'll probably buy the uprezzed PS4 version and play it again. For like, the hundredth time

Comment

I'll definitely get the PS4 version of FFVII Original. I wonder why it's taking so long to port.

Comment

Do you think they'll remove the random battles? I might give it a play then.

Comment

Working...
                                X