No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think people would just be happy if they took the same basic game and just remade all the graphics. Though i have not play VII in years so probably plays dated now

Comment

Never really played this, as I never had a chance to when if first came out. Someone kindly gave me a copy of it many years after to try, and I remember doing so for about 30 mins, but cant remember anything about it, other than, it was VERY slow paced to modern day RPGs, so I gave up after the umpteenth random battle and numerous disc loading times.

This remake would be a great opportunity for me to enjoy the game, and finally see what all the fuss is about. So I am very much looking forward to this...

Comment

Managed to get the Steam game from last week's sales. Just installed the Reunion mod pack, and about to jump in.

Hopefully it has me rushing to connect the laptop to the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
          Never really played this, as I never had a chance to when if first came out. Someone kindly gave me a copy of it many years after to try, and I remember doing so for about 30 mins, but cant remember anything about it, other than, it was VERY slow paced to modern day RPGs, so I gave up after the umpteenth random battle and numerous disc loading times.

This remake would be a great opportunity for me to enjoy the game, and finally see what all the fuss is about. So I am very much looking forward to this...

I don't think it's slow paced at all. Most modern rpgs are horribly bloated and light on plot.

Comment

I haven't played any modern RPGs to compare but I know my tolerance for the random battles of old has gone right down. I almost threw my PSP out the window a few years ago playing FF2 due to the random battles.

Comment

There's a 70px black border along the bottom of the screen everywhere other than the menus, and the exp deposit seems to stutter along. Annoying. Why can't folk do proper QA?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I haven't played any modern RPGs to compare but I know my tolerance for the random battles of old has gone right down. I almost threw my PSP out the window a few years ago playing FF2 due to the random battles.
                As a huge fan of FFVII and a fan of the battle, I also couldn't tolerate the early games anymore.

Comment

The early games were silly for the volume of random battles.

Comment

You don't get exp from bosses in 8 do you?

Comment

Nah you don't. I remember being annoyed at it because I always felt under levelled for the main game in my first story run through.

Until I figured how the junctioning system worked properly, and discovered the island of heaven and hell with Quistis' blue magic anyway.

Comment

I love the junction system. I love Final Fantasy VIII.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

I loved 8 too, it was the draw system rather than junctioning that I found tedious. The battle system, music and Triple Triad were awesome. Shame the English translation made Squall more emo than he did originally- supposedly anywY.

Comment

I loved it too but, as the years went on, I began to suspect it was more for the soundtrack than the actual game. The music in that one is superb.

Comment

Nah man, the Draw system is super fun! Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X