No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although FFVIII was a magnificent game and the Junctioning superb, the draw system was it's biggest weakness by far and stopped FFVIII from being as good as FFVII i.m.o. There were a few other little details that annoyed me aswel like when leaving a screen it took longer to go black before loading the next screen compared to FFVII and it's menu system was grey & ugly. Enemies also levelled up when you did which basically took away most of the reasons to level up. In spite of all that it's definitely a truely magnificent game though and the triple triad game was very addictive. I spent tens of hours playing cards with everyone i could and always looked forward to adding a new card to my collection! Some of the rules though were irritating like the random rule although there was a way around it by simply synthesising all your cards up to level 8 so that you would always get a high level card picked! Seeing as all cards below that level could be reaquired you could simply get them back at the end of the game.

I honestly would love for them to remake 8 & 9 almost as much as 7. Can you imagine how great 9 would be with modern day graphics!!!
    Last edited by Sam The Man; 30-06-2015, 19:54.

Comment

I remember playing 8 until I discovered the best way to play the game was to avoid every battle and run away.

Where's the fun in that? If everything else levels up when you do, it seems a bit silly and demotivating.

Comment

Yeah a huge weakness. The only reason to level up was so you could draw higher level magic from the enemies but even then the magic you could draw only improved at every 10 levels i think.

Comment

I can't disagree with you QC, but it upsets me that I can't.

Random battles never really bothered me, except during key story beats.

Comment

You need to level ideally to finish the main game. Higher level magic gives better defences and bosses are generally capped when they are story bosses.
            Nothing wrong with the 8 system. Isn't perfect but they tried something different within the framework.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
              Can you imagine how great 9 would be with modern day graphics!!!
              Yes, it would lose every ounce of its charm, especially if they added voice acting. When I play IX I feel like I'm progressing through a digital pantomime.

Comment

For me FF7 is just the perfect Final Fantasy, the story felt epic and deep, the battle system was great and the materia system was just so simple but so brilliant. And in addition to this FF7 provided my favorite FF moment. That is when you first took the tram car up to the Golden Saucer. This moment just blew my mind, no Final Fantasy game has since had a moment to match this.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Yes, it would lose every ounce of its charm, especially if they added voice acting. When I play IX I feel like I'm progressing through a digital pantomime.
                  Yup. I love how quirky it is. I would love a HD version but exactly the same just more animation in the backgrounds and improved battle visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    You could properly remake it without losing the charm it had. The voice acting could be like the ones you heard in the Wonderful wizard Of Oz cartoons that had good voice acting. Obviously the graphical style would be very different to the FF7 remake. I would have no interest in simply a HD update as there wouldn't be enough point to do it and the original would do for something like that. Inspite of it's brilliance though i felt 9 had the weakest plot.
                    Last edited by Sam The Man; 02-07-2015, 06:23.

Comment

Let's just concentrate on seeing how much Tetsuya Nomura ****s up VII first.

Comment

I think your being a bit harsh on him Mart. That being said i am worried about how much they are going to change.

Comment

It's already been announced as a total re-imagining, right? So I'm guessing quite a lot.

Comment

I just hope they dont change anything about the music, for me its just perfect. One thing i would love to know is this going to be Square-Enix's next project after FFV? If so have full attention of the studio or is it going to something of a side project or even farmed out to another studio? So many questions at the moment.

Comment

Yeah no details but considering the scope of the game it'll effectively be the next major Final Fantasy release. They can't afford to mess it up.

Comment

If it can be to the original FFVII what REmake was to the original Resident Evil, I think it could be a contender for best game ever made. That is an unbelievably tall order though.

Comment

Working...
                                X