No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry it won't load the PS4 save that is on the harddrive, will have install and patch the PS4 version on to the PS5 to upload the save, then download it in the ps5 version. Don't have the hdd space 83gb+10gb for the PS5+DLC, the PS4 game 110gb, gonna have delete a bunch of games i stalled on (control endgame clear up and Nier remaster).. absolutely ****.

extending the madness,159gb is not enough space to install the PS4 disc, i have to instead download 110gb.
    Last edited by Tobal; 10-06-2021, 15:54.

Comment

I'm amazed I had the room to install it. I'm guessing I have two versions of the same game taking up double the room now.
      Sony need to manage these upgrades better going forward.

Comment

This is why I didn’t start it when i got it a few months back. Play through fist time with the PS5 updated version.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
          Angry it won't load the PS4 save that is on the harddrive, will have install and patch the PS4 version on to the PS5 to upload the save, then download it in the ps5 version. Don't have the hdd space 83gb+10gb for the PS5+DLC, the PS4 game 110gb, gonna have delete a bunch of games i stalled on (control endgame clear up and Nier remaster).. absolutely ****.

extending the madness,159gb is not enough space to install the PS4 disc, i have to instead download 110gb.
          Update 3...
          You can get into the save menu after the the 13gb play it install is on, go the saves across, then had to wait 2-3 mins to cancel the download as i couldn't access the download menu with PS button due to all the pinging achievements.

In game, graphics mode looks really good with the new textures, real high resolution but the frame-rate oh wow is it bad, like sub 30 bad when rotating the camera, SE barely bothered trying to optimise it the way Sony's first party teams do, absolute disgrace. Went back to 60FPS mode with a lower res, makes the backgrounds look like it's back on the PS4.

Comment

I wouldnt say its back to ps4 levels by a long shot.
            Fidelity mode is 4k/30 and performance is 1440/60. It still has the higher textures and better lighting effects on both modes.
            Id choose 60 on any game any day of the week, so to play this in silky smooth mode is great. It plays and looks much better. It's not 'next gen' but it's better.

Comment

Not a fan of not being able to change your ninjutsu outside of battle, i'm pretty sure it just defaults to none-elemental damage until you hit that first ATB, just let me hit left or right on the dpad before getting into a fight like rewarding your knowledge of the enemies weakness.

In all is the more of the same with Yuffie being an all in one red-mage, which is fine by me as i enjoyed playing the last game on normal setting which provided some challenge if you didn't block/dodge or stagger. Not reached the 2nd character yet, just running around the reused slums arean, collecting posters, doing abit of the mini-game against named characters from the last game, and wandering off to fight random dogs and rats.

Comment

If anyone who (like me) cares about trophies and got the Platinum on PS4. You can get another one on PS5 by upgrading your game, uploading your most complete save file from the PS4 version, then downloading your save in the PS5 version of the game. All the trophies pop one after the other and some of those were hard to get. Mostly the one for the Marlboro fight.

Think I'll get the DLC now

Comment

Surprised to see people complaining online about the DLC being so short, even saying it’s 3 hours long. I spent that long just messing around, revisiting the slums, doing the initial side missions and playing the new mini game. Just got to the point of the 2nd character arriving.

Is it me, or does it seem tougher? I’ve died with Yuffie about as many times as the entire game (outside of boss battles)...or could just be getting used to her very different mechanics. But the summons fight I get absolutely destroyed on while barely laying a glove on it! Agree with Tobal that it’s a pain you can’t change the ninjitsu element outside of battle, although her ATB does fill fast so it’s not a huge problem

Comment

Originally posted by dazza_cole View Post
                    Surprised to see people complaining online about the DLC being so short, even saying it’s 3 hours long. I spent that long just messing around, revisiting the slums, doing the initial side missions and playing the new mini game. Just got to the point of the 2nd character arriving.

Is it me, or does it seem tougher? I’ve died with Yuffie about as many times as the entire game (outside of boss battles)...or could just be getting used to her very different mechanics. But the summons fight I get absolutely destroyed on while barely laying a glove on it! Agree with Tobal that it’s a pain you can’t change the ninjitsu element outside of battle, although her ATB does fill fast so it’s not a huge problem
                    I put it down to:

a) not remembering the controls
                    b) not remembering the ATB system
                    c) one party member
                    d) those wolves are tough now

Seems great to me, have to go and make dinner but looking forward to going back to the slums.

Comment

Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely enjoying it and looking forward to jumping back in. The ninjitsu power is obviously very different to before, definitely takes some getting used to

Comment

Beat the DLC in 10 hours, now playing it again on Hard. It's great! It's a must play chaps, there are THINGS that happen.

Comment

I haven't played the DLC yet, I'm trying to clear the game first.
                          But this remake gets so much right. If it wasn't for the slight mixed bag of the graphics I would be very close to calling it a masterpiece.
                          It nails the characters and builds some real heart with them.
                          It nails the setting of the 40s steam punk.
                          It nails the battles with the best battle dynamic Square has made.
                          I even like the Ghosts and the fact they are basically a physical representation of everyone's expectations for the plot.
                          I just prey it doesn't go all Kingdom hearts with the next entry.

Comment

PC version launches via EGS on 16 December

Comment

John Linneman casually saying the pc version is a mess.

Comment

That’s because square accidentally shipped the debug build. You can’t make this stuff up.

Comment

Working...
                                X