No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan to wait until its completed the story.

Just a bit worried as i dunno how many parts it will be....and i suspect the next part if released will be a next gen game.

Also i do worry about how cohesive it will be as I suspect the future games will probably have gameplay changes based on feedback and will be like how the mass effect series changed with each version

Comment

Yeah I agree with that mass effect statement. I also wonder how the saves are going to transfer. If I get to level 30 when I finish, will I start at level 1 with all my gear cleared? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        Also i do worry about how cohesive it will be as I suspect the future games will probably have gameplay changes based on feedback and will be like how the mass effect series changed with each version
        Its alright to make changes to the next one of they improve the overall experience. I think that they will keep the core the same so as to not alienate early adopters.

One would hope it doesn't take 4-5 years for all the parts to release but we will have to see.

Comment

Turning that familiar first corner after getting off the train and being able to rotate the camera round it was something else. Seeing everything fully realised in 3D is just breathtaking.

Combat was messy at first and that made the boss difficult to deal with but I got used to it by the end of the demo. I'm not too fused that it went for a more action orientated approach personally, the combat system's fun.

Comment

I need to play it again and really soak it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              One would hope it doesn't take 4-5 years for all the parts to release but we will have to see.
              I think this is gonna become the next Shenmue. You'll be waiting a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                Finally got around to playing this last night, and for a demo I thought it was stunning. And that's coming from someone who isn't heavily into the FF series. The sense of nostalgia was overpowering and I loved all the little touches. Technically a real marvel.

I not 100% a fan of the combat although that might be that I don't play FF (or KH) games. My biggest complaint though, is the camera. It's far too zoomed in and very easy to lose enemies off-screen. Which is really annoying when you can be hurt from unseen enemies.
                You can zoom the camera out. At default it's on the closest setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                  You can zoom the camera out. At default it's on the closest setting.
                  Have you tried it? Becuase it doesn't change much of anything.

True there are settings you can adjust, but I don't think they fix any of the major problems with the camera. For example if you lock on to an enemy with R3 it's still possible for that enemy to frequently disappear off-screen. I've just tested this right now.

The battles in the demo have you in the middle of mobs and either you need to able to zoom out much farther (i.e. isometric, or more of a room view), need better indicators from where damage is coming from or ways of mitigating damage from off-screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I think this is gonna become the next Shenmue. You'll be waiting a decade.
                    Well I know that Square Enix fans are the game industry's most patient so I expect it to take at least 3 years. Part of me wanted SE to have kept it a secret that this first release covers up to the end of disc 1 of the original but it would have been impossible to keep that a secret in today's world.

Comment

Some buyers will recieve the game before the April 10 release, I'm guessing those that ordered from the SE store:

Comment

New trailer for the PS5 upgrade. It looks smooth in 60fps.

Edit: Timed exclusivity has been extended 6 months
                        Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 07-05-2021, 16:53.

Comment

Forgot this was out next week I think.
                          It appears they've fixed the crappy low res textures too.

Final Fantasy VII Remake might offer some of the industry-best visuals but it was fairly inconsistent with low-res textures. This is fixed in the PS5 version. One of the most notorious examples of low-resolution textures was the door to the room where Cloud stayed at the beginning of Final Fantasy VII Remake in the PS4 version. There are countless other examples

Comment

I've set the update downloading but be warned its 83gb! Not sure how it warrants that size.

Comment

I've got it downloading now, along with the Yuffie ep. Looking forward to trying the game again. I couldn't get on with the battle system last time but I'm ready to give it another go.

Comment

Got this up and running. Playing through from the beginning again. It's much better in 60fps and generally it just looks cleaner.
                                I've never been more excited to see a door...

Comment

Working...
                                X