User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sea of Thieves

Sea of Thieves

Finally a new Rare game has been announced for Xbox One and Windows 10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...sea-of-thieves

A new IP and it's a pirates themed online multiplayer swashbuckling action game.

Seems to be a somewhat MMO style title and is aimed for end of 2016.
    Nice to see Rare finally move away from Kinect but they still don't seem to be making the kind of stuff that appeals to me. Left me a bit cold this.

Yeah looks nice, but not my sort of thing either really, maybe it'll grab us nearer the time.

Has anyone had any experience of the rolling Alpha?

I know the Beta is coming up and full release is only about 8 weeks away but considering it's one of the last XBO exclusives on the horizon the hype level is near zero. Curious to see if it's stronger than the vids suggest (which make it look repetitive) and how solid solo play is (considering most will play it this way)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Has anyone had any experience of the rolling Alpha?

I know the Beta is coming up and full release is only about 8 weeks away but considering it's one of the last XBO exclusives on the horizon the hype level is near zero. Curious to see if it's stronger than the vids suggest (which make it look repetitive) and how solid solo play is (considering most will play it this way)
    It's weird, because if I recall correctly, people were really excited about it being a group of players manning roles on a ship, as though it was a brand-new idea - but Guns of Icarus already exists on Steam and it's fantastic.

I'm looking forward to this and have had one eye on it since it was announced.
    It's nice that it's something a bit different to most games out there and has a sense of humour.

Turns out a friend of a friend works at Rare and is part of the SoT team and has been in some of their videos!

Even though i haven't got an xbox i really want this to turn out well for Rare, they need a win to get them focused and back on track on games as a studio.

Plus, who doesn't like tall tall wooden ships, pirating & treasure? no one that's who

Have been an insider or whatever they call it when they give you permanent beta access and have seen the game grow very slowly. The last play test, they added the faction progression stuff and clothing and it was pretty good. But there wasn't too much there if I'm honest. Feels like a game where you need mates (eh? eh?) to get the most out of it too. Still, got my preorder for the Play Anywhere edition on cdkeys for 35, when it's going for 50 on the Windows Store and Xbox Live.

Yeah I'm in the same thing. Playing on your own is OK but I managed to play with three mates in the last test and it was fantastic...

It's got character in spades so I'm in but as it's shines in co-op it's something I'll probably pick up to have a session now and again

If the solo play is only okay at best then I'll leave it. If it shines in groups of 4+ then it's also a likely indicator it'll price drop fast too

This could be the next Chromehounds, where most people pass it by, but the ones who get into it, not only love it but it's one of the most memorable games of a console.