No announcement yet.

Xbox One Elite Controller Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I've ever used a DS3 long enough to break it.

My friend gave me two with dodgy sticks that I was going to replace a long time ago but... Never bothered. Should do that and sell them on really.

Comment

I've had a sixaxis from 2007 which is still perfectly fine and my DS3 imported from Japan towards the end of 2007 is also perfectly fine. They've had a lot of use over the years by myself and many others.

Comment

I'm going to get one simply so I can swap A and B around.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm probably in the group of people who've never broken a pad. Every N64 pad I see at jumble sales etc. always has a broken, knackered stick. I owned mine for years, played it nearly every day in my childhood and it still looked practically new. What do people do with them?!?

Comment

Mario Party mini-games.

Comment

Nice 42% discount bringing the price down to ?75.72 on Amazon (UK) at the moment

EDIT: balls out of stock already.

Comment

More details on how parts are swapped over etc.

We got up close and personal with the Xbox One's incredibly expensive Elite controller at E3, but how do all those modular bits and bobs work? A new video from Microsoft out of Gamescom sheds some light on just that. The Elite's customization goes much deeper than just swapping out different lengths of thumbsticks: you can adjust trigger deadzone, download custom button-binding profiles for certain games, tweak haptic feedback intensity on a motor-by-motor basis and even completely remap button functions. Long story short: if standard gamepads regularly fall short for your high-level needs, this is the paddle for you.

On the video skip to 30:30 for the controller info.

Comment

im interested in this pad but id like to try one before purchasing. though i doubt that it will an option. the price seems to be the decisive issue here but anyone who uses arcade sticks will be used to seeing these sorts of prices. i heard such mixed reviews of the scuff units, with many moaning about the quality, if this pad proves to be robust i could see it really taking off with folk who spend a lot of time on fps.

Comment

I really should've jumped on it when it was ?75 at Amazon. Thats the price I'm gonna be looking for in future as I think ?75 is reasonable imo

Comment

I think the amazon one's have been cancelled.

Comment

Nope, My order is still good.

Comment

Scratch that. Had a cancellation email today eight days after placing the order. Even had a confirmation of order follow up email only a few days ago. Very poor effort from Amazon and won't be using them for pre-orders in the future now.

Comment

It's not really a poor show, it was clearly an error. It hasn't even got a release date yet!

Comment

It is pretty poor as the people who ordered one when it originally went up at ?130 and then saw the price drop to ?75 a few weeks later still have valid orders. Anyone who ordered when it popped up at ?75 are fobbed off behind T&Cs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                                Anyone who ordered when it popped up at ?75 are fobbed off behind T&Cs.
                                It isn't being "fobbed off"; retailers don't have to honour errors in pricing (people think they do, but that's a myth).

You can only claim "false advertising" if you see reason to suggest that a retailer persistently deceives the public in a malicious way. "Persistently" is the operative word here.

Most retailers do honour mistaken prices, but that's just because they measure the size of the backlash vs the cost of the error and make a judgement.

That being said, Amazon are normally good at this. I was one of the people who got the Dead or Alive 5 Special Edition for ?25 which should've been something daft like ?100. I ended up selling all the one-use bikini codes inside for a daft profit, and just kept the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X