Xbox One Elite Controller Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One Elite Controller Announced

A little documentary here that explains what it is and who it's for.

It looks great, thanks for posting the video EB.

Comment

Is it just me or does the rrp of ?130 at Game seem quite a lot for a controller?

Comment

Not quite sure i can justify ?130 for a controller but it does look and sound like a good piece of kit. I was watching a stage demo on Gamespot last night and they went into really good detail about it. They also said that it comes with a nice carry case

Comment

I really like the idea of it and for the PC related market including Oculus etc it's a cracking snap back at the Steam controller. But the price outright makes it a no buy, it's like a ?80 mark up for a couple of shortcut paddles on the back as it's really easy to swap buttons on a standard pad as it is.

Comment

I wonder how many people will actually buy one.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Critic View Post
              Is it just me or does the rrp of ?130 at Game seem quite a lot for a controller?
              Didn't know that, it's $150 so was expecting/hoping around ?95 here in the UK. How silly of me, then my plan was to pick one up in a sales at around ?75, guess that won't be happening.
              Do love the One controller, use it on the PC all the time.

Comment

Ridiculous price for a pad, but I'm definitely not the target customer.

Comment

Id like to try out the paddles before I would purchase one. I spent ?80 on my PC controller which has similar functions and was worth every penny.

Comment

Does anyone know if the face buttons are mechanical on this, or if they have adjusted LB and RB at all? Those bumpers are terrible and for that price I'd want everything. Thicker plastic would help too as I can pretty much squeeze the One controller and feel it creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                      Does anyone know if the face buttons are mechanical on this, or if they have adjusted LB and RB at all? Those bumpers are terrible and for that price I'd want everything. Thicker plastic would help too as I can pretty much squeeze the One controller and feel it creek.
                      Not sure but id like to know this also, the mechanical buttons make such a difference.

Comment

That's actually pretty cool. Way too expensive but still a smart looking bit of kit.

Comment

Does look really, really nice, but as said, just a tad too pricey to think about it seriously!

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                          Didn't know that, it's $150 so was expecting/hoping around ?95 here in the UK. How silly of me, then my plan was to pick one up in a sales at around ?75, guess that won't be happening. Do love the One controller, use it on the PC all the time.
                          Remember, the US price is without sales tax. At the current bank exchange rate, $150 is 95 quid. Add our VAT on, and that's nearly another 20 quid, so even at the same US price, we'd be paying 115 quid minimum for it here in the shops.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Ridiculous price for a pad, but I'm definitely not the target customer.
                            Yeah but you know how you already have expensive gaming things that rarely get used and collect dust....

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                            Id like to try out the paddles before I would purchase one. I spent ?80 on my PC controller which has similar functions and was worth every penny.
                            Which one do you have dj?

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Does look really, really nice, but as said, just a tad too pricey to think about it seriously!

Remember, the US price is without sales tax. At the current bank exchange rate, $150 is 95 quid. Add our VAT on, and that's nearly another 20 quid, so even at the same US price, we'd be paying 115 quid minimum for it here in the shops.
                            Good point re the sales tax, think once it goes past the ?100 psychological barrier the market for this dwindles even further. Would certainly take some great sales skills to sell to the other halves out there

Comment

It's ?100 at Gamestop UK

If I could find a 10% off voucher I'd probably jump on it to be honest. Would be fantastic if someone made a magnetic Saturn style d-pad for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X