Xbox One Elite Controller Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
    My sons wanting one of these elite controllers for Christmas. Are they likely to be in stock before then?
    If your in UK I heard Argos had a restock recently, only place that seemed to have stock recently.
    I grabbed mine today from Argos, managed to get Tomb Raider for ?27.99 when bought with the controller, not a bad deal I thought.

Comment

Looks like I missed this thanks for replying though family fry

Comment

Having spent the last couple of weeks playing exclusively on the X1 with the Elite controller, it has made the DS4 feel horrible when I play the PS4.

Comment

As you'd expect! Super high quality expensive controller should feel better than the one bundled with a console. I wonder if Sony will make an equivalent at some point.

Comment

I like the DS4, but the Elite has spoiled us.

Now the predicament is do you buy a game on the X1 because of the Elite controller or do you buy it on the PS4 for the higher resolution, e.g. Battlefront, which to me clearly looked better on the PS4 when comparing the beta back to back. Decisions were easy last gen, as I was exclusively a 360 user.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
              If your in UK I heard Argos had a restock recently, only place that seemed to have stock recently.
              I grabbed mine today from Argos, managed to get Tomb Raider for ?27.99 when bought with the controller, not a bad deal I thought.
              Managed to pick one up from argos today thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Has anyone used one of these extensively since it launched? I wanna know if it turns into a pile of crap within a month like the normal One controllers. I've had nothing but problems with these. First one I owned, the RB button broke (need to push it in with force to activate it) within a month after playing Alien Isolation and FFXIV on PC. 2nd controller I got with an Xbox One, came with a mushy A button. It works fine but doesn't click like the others do. The LB on this one now doesn't fully rebound after a press, so it feels like **** to use as the travel distance is tiny compared to how it was when new. I'm not heavy handed and I take care of all my stuff so I'm worried about putting down ?120 for the Elite. I'm looking for more than "the bumpers are better" which is all I can find in reviews sadly.
                Last edited by Adam; 03-12-2015, 09:04.

Comment

[HIDE]test post[/HIDE]

Comment

Adam... The build quality is great.

The sticks, triggers and shoulder buttons all feel more sturdy and in general there is just feels perfect. The coating on the controller makes your hands sweat less, or at least it feels more comfortable for longer use.

The hair triggers are really the best thing for me and the paddles. The fact they can be disconnected when not required is very handy.

Will it stand up to long term use? Well I've not had the bad luck you've had but I think so. The main parts in this now are metal, not plastic so you'd assume it'll be more durable. Plus interchangeable parts mean you'll be able to swap out worn rubber sticks etc...

Comment

Thanks Nonny, I'm having trouble finding these controllers in stock anywhere anyway so looks like I'll have to wait to pick one up. I did think actually, that if the bumpers go out on me again I could always remap that button to one of the paddles haha. Pretty sad really. I still have N64 controllers that work perfectly, they don't make em like they used to

Comment

I put Dead Space on last night and picked up the Elite Series 2 because my regular controller was charging (I generally use the Elite for driving games with the paddles for gears) and the aiming on the right analogue was terrible. Huge amount of dead space (no pun) until the movement registered. Changed the analogue settings in the app from std to immediate (there are about six different setting in total) and it was perfect. Strange that the default had such a big dead zone though

Comment

My son wants an Elite Series 2 for his birthday but I'm having a hard time finding anywhere with stock. If anyone knows where any might be available I'd appreciate the heads-up

Comment

I've been looking to pick one up but can't find anywhere in stock either. At least not at any of the big retailers who will deliver...

Comment

I don't think demand has been as strong for V2 so it's kept restocks less frequent, probably not helped by the current situation. Probably worth reading into whether the stories of build issues are true as well.

Comment

[MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION] some branches of Argos appear to be receiving stock for collection soon. You might’ve already checked this but worth taking a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X