Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    4K teaser on Vimeo here:

This is "The Batman - DC FanDome Teaser" by Matt Reeves on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Looks like it’ll be fantastic. And the way he beat down that dude was savage.
    And the other thug starts crying.

Comment

The trailer does look good.

Matt Reeves is a decent director so I'm hoping the final film turns out well.

I still prefer MCU though.

Comment

Batman is a great character and has been reimagined loads of times.

This looks great and I'm hoping there's a bit of investigating by "The World's Greatest Detective" as it looks like there's a mystery to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Batman is a great character and has been reimagined loads of times.

This looks great and I'm hoping there's a bit of investigating by "The World's Greatest Detective" as it looks like there's a mystery to solve.
          Is Sherlock Holmes in it anarl?

Comment

No, but Bats is given that tagline and usually there's just a load of punching, rather than detecting.

Comment

Fingers crossed we get that, Reeves has previously said his plans for the trilogy are to show Batman's evolution with the focus on him as a detective being very central to his incarnation

Comment

Anyone read the "Court of Owls" series?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Anyone read the "Court of Owls" series?
                  I read the first one a while back. Thought it was very good. Need to read the collections that followed at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Colin Farrell as the Penguin
                    I glanced at that and thought it said Will Ferrell. Then I looked again.. and realised it says Colin Farrell. Both of them wouldn't appeal to me as the Penguin, but I'd choose Will over Colin. I've never been keen on Colin at all, but Will has done some decent work over the years. There are plenty of actors more suited to playing the Penguin than Colin.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 23-08-2020, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      I read the first one a while back. Thought it was very good. Need to read the collections that followed at some point.
                      Cheers. The whole thing is reduced to £7.19 on Comixology:

Comment

I'm okay with Colin Farrell, absolutely hated him for the longest time but in later more recent years his arrogance or appearance of it has mellowed down a lot and his performances have improved tons as a result. Will on the other hand, I'd say 10% of his performances are humourous and 90% obnoxiously annoying but I wouldn't trust him around something serious at all, he barely acts as it is.

Comment

He was great in The Lobster. I can’t imagine people were thrilled when Danny Devito was cast as the Penguin and that turned out well.

Comment

Best part is, with them bringing Keaton back into the DCU they can bring back DeVito too!

Comment

Turns out the trailer does feature a shot of Colin Farrell as The Penguin:

Fans were speculating about it all yesterday and now it has been confirmed – that is indeed Colin Farrell under a ton of make-up in “The Batman” trailer. We know that Farrell is playing The Penguin in the film but his look was under wraps until this clip when a man with an almost ‘sinister […]

Comment

Best Penguin is Robin Lord Taylor from the Gotham series.

Comment

Working...
                                X