No announcement yet.

The Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Production for The Batman has shut down again after Robert Pattinson appears to have Coronavirus.

Comment

The release calendar just keeps a changing with Warner Bros. Pictures, having pushed “Dune” back ten months, now further reorganising its release slate. First up, Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” has been pushed back five months from October 1st 2021 to March 4th 2022. When “Dune” moved to the October 2021 slot, “The Batman” delay was […]

Delayed till 04 March 2022

Comment

Imax 2d. Pretty good film. Better than dark Knight anyway.

Comment

Dark Knight was a great showcase for Ledgers Joker

That's about it though, I really don't get why people think it's one of the best films ever because I don't think a compelling case has ever been made for it

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Dark Knight was a great showcase for Ledgers Joker

That's about it though, I really don't get why people think it's one of the best films ever because I don't think a compelling case has ever been made for it
            I said it before, it's basically a James Bond film. If you replaced Batman with Bond I don't think the film would be much different

Comment

The compelling case is Ledger’s Joker. You don’t need anything else. He made the film awesome, on his own basically yea but nevertheless he made it awesome.

Comment

This is being discussed on Era atm and four pages in again no compelling case has been made but a lot of flaws drawn out. Ledger gives a good performance but the Joker isn't even narratively well written and plenty films have had strong or iconic character/actor turns so I veto the claim Ledger alone makes the film good.

Comment

"Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong" - Neon Ignition, 2022.

Comment

It's all subjective though, isn't it?

I vividly remember watching The Dark Knight in the cinema and thinking 'This is my generations Terminator 2' and I think that stands up. I don't think it's the greatest film ever made, it's just a stunningly realized Film, with some of the most shocking in camera stunts I've ever seen and has a real flair to it. Combined with some commentary on a post 9-11 world that subverts and plays with our fears, I just thought it was a masterclass in how you make a modern blockbuster action film.

Comment

Whereas I feel it fits neatly alongside Nolan's other films in that he's more of a cinematographer than a director. The film is emotionally hollow, with bad close action, flimsy plotting but one or more actor is doing a ton of heavy lifting and it looks nice in a lot of places - like most of Nolan's other modern films. It's why I've always been keen for him to not realise his ambition of directing a Bond film, it'd be awful. I could never consider it to be one of the best modern films as it's inferior to its direct predecessor for me. Don't get me wrong, it's vastly superior to Rises that followed it but I feel Rises exaggerated a lot of issues that are already visible in TDK, it's as though Nolan made a Batman film with Begins and then his interest in the franchise deteriorated with each successive project. It's why Dunkirk held together well enough too, the nature of the film allowed him to showcase his skills without the baggage of his weaknesses.

That being said, reflecting on this for the last day or two has helped be form a conclusion. The Batman is definitely better than The Dark Knight and it's strengths for me highlight why TDK is flawed.

Comment

I think Dark Knight is a superb film. Not necessarily a great Batman film because he's the one oddity in the movie. I've often said it but the movie made me wish it was just a Commissioner Gordon versus the Joker movie. But I think it's great regardless. While Rises is very messy, unusually so for Nolan in my view, I feel like saying his interested deteriorated is the wrong reading here. I feel he had different approaches for each movie and different visions and so created three quite different movies, albeit with the character and pieces. Far from feeling his interest waned, I think he found himself drawn to different aspects each time. And I'm okay with that.

Comment

What [MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION] said sums it up for me. I’ll watch the new one but as neon is wrong about TDK I expect he’s wrong about the new one being better!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            What [MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION] said sums it up for me. I’ll watch the new one but as neon is wrong about TDK I expect he’s wrong about the new one being better!
                            You can never be wrong about TDK. They made great tapes

Comment

At no point in the new film does a central character take a beat to be shocked that someone looking like this takes off their face mask to reveal they're not actually a genuine member of medical personnel

Instant KO!

Comment

[MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]

Comment

Working...
                                X