The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Accessibility Features. There are an absolute tonne of them, some of them are great. You can completely skip puzzles if you don't wanna do them, customise combat like disable enemy flanks or turn off camera shake, motion blur etc. I'm not the intended user for these settings I don't think, but I think I will have fun messing with them anyway. Very cool.

Comment

Very, very nice. Beyond the intended great work in making the game accessible for all several of these options should mean that even if the sequel ends up feeling as... meh as some such as myself found the gameplay in the first game, it should be very easy to at least alter the experience to make it painless and frustration free to enjoy what else there is.

Comment

Reviews have gone live on websites and YouTube.

Comment

Read the EG one, positive but in trying to avoid spoilers its very light on actual info to tell if it's actually that advanced on the original. Still, 7 more days to find out for sure.

Comment

Pretty much what i expected from where i'm coming, as i put up with average gameplay of the 1st to experience the story, characters and graphics, the tilt from environmental puzzles and set pieces to way more stealth combat is a hard nope for me.

No story spoilers, mostly gameplay from controls and new movement options to the enemy A.I. The theme is mentioned but then anyone with a brain could pick up from trailers what that is, reviewers can't mention or show anything past the 1st couple of hours.

Comment

Polygon didn't really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  They didn't like the first one either.

Comment

To be honest, I can't get into it. I struggle to see why it's regarded so highly. The game looks great, but gameplay, where I think it should matter most is backseat to story and presentation. I've tried to like, I really have. Thinking there was something wrong with me

Comment

Can’t remember ever agreeing with much that polygon say so probably good they don’t like it!

Comment

To be honest, I can't get into it. I struggle to see why it's regarded so highly. The game looks great, but gameplay, where I think it should matter most is backseat to story and presentation. I've tried to like, I really have. Thinking there was something wrong with me
                        Nah, you're not alone. It's a cool game but well overrated.

I'm looking forward to giving this one a bash as I think it'll spin a good yarn, but I'm setting expectations to medium.

Comment

Man, that review was exhausting in of itself. The production of TLOU was always exceptional, the central plot always a tired cliche so the crux of TLOU2 always hung most on the weak gameplay for me. It's a bit irritating that the reviews I've read so far talk about avoiding spoilers yet spend no time at all really talking about gameplay. You can crouch *shrug* so the options to tweak the settings seems like the true star of the experience coming out next week. But 96% of that review is about the plot so not that useful. ND does good characters, not great plots shocker.

Comment

That's not a videogame review. It's a speculative pitch from a frustrated screenwriter claiming they could do a better job.

Comment

Your not alone - I didn’t even finish the 1st (although I got up to the university, which I assume was quite near the end?). Some brilliant gameplay moments, and locations, but the constant crafting the same things over and over, moving ladders, dumpsters etc became annoying. The character Ellie bugged me a fair bit too. Part 2, does look like more of the same which I suppose isn’t a bad thing, but I doubt it will live up to the hype. Graphical touches and effects look awesome though.

Comment

Loved the first one and can't wait to lose myself to this one. Avoided pretty much any details so far and the excitement is starting to kick in.

Comment

Working...
                                X