No announcement yet.

The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I think review bombing is there to hide legitimate low reviews as they just get lost and shouted at for review bombing.
    5/10 TLOU2 I didn’t like it as much as the original, turns into, stop review bombing.

ALSO that’s because people can’t accept low reviews of their favourite games.

Comment

I had to click on Meta and 3.4/10 user review
      I mean, it's completely counter intuitive to review bomb the game when it results in a completely unbelievable end score. Clicked off before long though as it's rife with spoilers

Comment

About 5 hours in now. Personally I think it's superb.

Comment

Mines just turned up and installing the data disc. Don’t know what I’m supposed to do with my guitar plectrums. Learn to play the guitar I guess

Comment

Well this chap didn't seem to like it.
            Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

The Metacritic scores are massively misbalanced.

Critic Reviews -
            91% positive
            3% Mixed

User Reviews
            2838 positive
            358 Mixed
            9370 Negative

At first I thought it was SJW rubbish, but I have two friends that I trust who have both finished it who are giving me polarised opinions.
            I`m still going to look out for it once the PS5 is out as I`m console less at the moment.

Comment

Naughty Dog game in polarising opinion shocker.

Comment

I don’t see the point in these sites having user review scores. It just weaponises axe-grinding and childishness, and legitimate comment is lost.

User scores should only be permitted when attached to reviews, and the reviews must contain an actual fair critique to remain on the site. That’ll reduce the number of people who just click a button to register a 0/10 score, because they are a total minge and feel empowered by schoolyard reactions to things.

Not liking an applauded game is cool - if the reasons are fair. The fact that everyone’s opinion is afforded equal weight with a lazy button press undermines the integrity of game criticism.

Comment

I think user-reviews can be useful but are very open to abuse. Both from the public and developers/publishers. I prefer Steam's simplified 2-point user scale and text reviews. Quite nice to be able to read through other people's opinions on games and sometimes bring up really valid points lick the DRM system no longer works or something. I don't think we should lose that even if some people are idiots.

That said I don't think I've ever read Metacritic user reviews. Metacritic is generally a site I avoid and prefer Open-Critic for that sort of aggregation.

Comment

Just over 5 hours in and I'm liking it. Yeah, it's basically more of the same. Still good though.
                    Maybe the negative comments are from sad sods who wanted to see some

lezzing off?

Last edited by Yakumo; 22-06-2020, 09:56.

Comment

All these sad losers are just sad that Neil Druckmann spoke about Anita Sarkeesian and said he took some influence from her youtube series whilst he was writing the sequel, that’s pretty much it.

Comment

Yea its all got a bit out of hand all because people thought she had good intentions in the first place, when in fact it just turned she was another troll motivated only by greed.

Comment

I’m about 2hours know what happens Story wise (which while controversial does not bother me too much but others choices could have been made in Certain aspects), but enjoying the gameplay as did the first and the acting is top notch.

Comment

So I finally went and had a quick look at Metacritic to see what all the drama was, as I didn't want to see any spoilers before finishing the game. **** me but a lot of people need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                              So I finally went and had a quick look at Metacritic to see what all the drama was, as I didn't want to see any spoilers before finishing the game. **** me but a lot of people need to take a good hard look at themselves.
                              Aye, the right wing, anti-insert-minority-here, bigoted, thunderc***s need to properly take stock.

It's. A. Videogame.

Comment

Working...
                              X