The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I thought the gameplay was mediocre, and there was too much of a disconnect between cutscenes and the two gameplay styles (Uncharted combat and Pac-Man).

Stealth horror just doesn't really work for me. If they can't see me I feel OP, so it's not scary.

The cutscenes were fantastic though. I'd play another one just for a laff.
    This echo my impression of the game. But I think it would take a lot to get me into a second one. I might be convinced to watch the cut scenes, although ultimately I thought the story of the first ended on a note of utter idiocy.

Comment

Gotta disagree on this one dogg, I loved the ending!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        This echo my impression of the game. But I think it would take a lot to get me into a second one. I might be convinced to watch the cut scenes, although ultimately I thought the story of the first ended on a note of utter idiocy.
        Not gonna lie - you summed it up well a while back and I think I inadvertently nicked your description of why you didn't like it!

Comment

I genuinely can see why for some ND's games don't hit the mark, I'm in no way oblivious to their flaws, but I love their stuff beyond anything else in modern gaming. It's virtually unheard of for me to replay anything on modern systems, but with the last of us (and the uncharted series) I happily go back time after time. No game has ever affected me so much emotionally as the story of Joel and Ellie, it had me welling up on more than one occasion, and was a game that raised so many questions in my head over the way it made me feel. Just brilliant really, I never thought as a medium gaming could impact me so much in a way other than just having fun.

In fact, I've just talked myself in to wanting more.

Comment

The ending is utter genius. Spent over an hour discussing it with Strider despite me finishing it around 2 am on a school night.

Comment

I thought you were a working lad now?

Comment

Different characters completely. Tell a different story. Improve the stealth/A.I that is all I can think of.

Comment

I think I'm the only person who got bored of this game :/

Comment

I think I'm the only person on here who hasn't played it!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Me neither, its one on my list along with gta5 for when i get a ps4.

Comment

Best game in recent times for me - by a country mile!

I'm concerned a direct sequel could mar things somewhat - but something set in the same universe and centering on new characters would instantly become my most wanted game. The same would be true if it focussed on Joel and Ellie again too - but it would be mixed with worry!

What I'd really like is an open ended co-op game that borrows the perk system fro the multiplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I have only played about the first hour & I'll admit it pretty much bored me.
                          I got all upset at the end of the intro but then it just felt dull with not much happening, I've been told it's a slow burner but I haven't really felt inclined to pick it up again & went back to playing Walking Dead Season 1

Comment

Interesting you say that because the opening made me think of Walking Dead and I loved that. And I loved the quiet walking reflective moments. It was just anything with actual gameplay that didn't really work for me. And what the ending said about the main character but, to be honest, the game had long lost me at that point. But I stuck it out to the end so that must mean it had something compelling,

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Interesting you say that because the opening made me think of Walking Dead and I loved that. And I loved the quiet walking reflective moments. It was just anything with actual gameplay that didn't really work for me. And what the ending said about the main character but, to be honest, the game had long lost me at that point. But I stuck it out to the end so that must mean it had something compelling,
                              I admit it did give that vibe & I love the pacing etc. in the Walking Dead game but with this...I don't know all the walkie bits just bored me.
                              I think the problem is that the last game I played like this was the Uncharted games & with those **** goes off straight away & gets you right into it but this just doesn't, it's done nothing to suck me in to the world or story yet.

Neil

Comment

All this talk about a sequel makes me want to start the first one again.

Comment

Working...
                                X