No announcement yet.

The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm same as you Neil/Dogg, it was nice graphics and story telling but boring gameplay. I stopped playing shortly after finding that crazy dude with the supplies, I couldn't go on any further.

I'd still be interested to see what ND will do with the franchise on ps4 after seeing the uncharted 4 stuff, but all this best game evah sh1t is lost on me

Comment

Best game of the last generation for me, vastly underplayed multiplayer too...seriously brilliant multiplayer in fact.

Comment

Done to death gameplay with very little variety and often repeated 'puzzle' sections. Terrible zombie stealth sections, to many do it the developers way or die scenes all pinned up as excellent game due a decent story and likable main characters. Not hyped for this at all.

Comment

If I'm honest I'll probably enjoy it more watching The Last of Us 2 on youtube/twitch.

Comment

You guys are weird.

Comment

Naughty Dog all but confirmed that a sequel to The Last of Us is in the works.During a livestream of the Uncharted: Nat…

Naughty Dog are being reported as slipping up and almost confirming LoU2 is on the way. It's not really a confirmation but frankly we all know it's coming, especially with Uncharted being shelved with U4.

Comment

The Last of Us Part II Director: Next Naughty Dog Game “Might Not Be Third-Person”

"The Last of Us Part II Creative Director Neil Druckmann talks possibilities for Naughty Dog's next game, and a third-person perspective is not set in stone.

During a panel hosted today at the D.I.C.E. Summit in Las Vegas, The Last of Us Part II Creative Director Neil Druckmann explained that the studio is very open about the possibilities for its next game.

Druckmann mentioned that some of his favorite games are in third-person perspective, as he somehow can identify better with characters when they’re on a screen, but narrative games can still be done in first person and it has been done extremely well with certain games.

When work on The Last of Us started, the team was brainstorming whether it should be first-person or third-person. They also debated on whether it would be multiplayer or single-player. When all the pieces started falling in pieces, they decided that it would be third-person, but with a closer camera to make it more intimate. This provides a bit more of a “first-person feel,” but still allows the player to see the character on the screen.

That being said they have made games in other genres before, and sometimes they joke on how it would be if they had to create Half-Life 3 as a Naughty Dog first-person game. The studio is “totally open” about what the next game could be, and it might not be a third-person game.

Keep in mind that this should not read as a sure-fire indication that Naughty Dog intends to make a first-person title, but simply that they’re open to the possibility.

Neil Druckmann and Naughty Dog are currently working on The Last of Us Part II. If you want to see and learn more, you can check out a new trailer, the debut teaser trailer from last year, a new and charming music theme created for the game, and the impressive performance capture tech being used. You can also read more info on how Director Neil Druckmann writes his games and pitches them to his team at Naughty Dog.

The Last of Us Part II will release exclusively for PS4, but it still does not have any release window."

Comment

If they're going to rest Uncharted and try something else I'd quite like to see them step outside of their box and to try something a bit more experimental for them whilst they work on the run of the mill LOU series

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    If they're going to rest Uncharted and try something else I'd quite like to see them step outside of their box and to try something a bit more experimental for them whilst they work on the run of the mill LOU series
                    How on earth is the last of us run of the mill? What an odd thing to say about one of the best games ever made.

Comment

I've never played this game but found the title of this thread quite amusing. What next? Even More The Last Of Us? Not Quite The Last Of Us? There's Quite A Few Left Until The Last Of Us?

Comment

"Final" Fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                          How on earth is the last of us run of the mill? What an odd thing to say about one of the best games ever made.
                          I've covered my thoughts on LOU a lot since it came out, it's a competent game but it's story and gameplay are one's I've continuously found deeply overrated with each playthrough. It's fine, but it's undercooked, the sequel for me needs to advance things in quite a strideful way and UC4 didn't fill me with confidence from that perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            I've covered my thoughts on LOU a lot since it came out, it's a competent game but it's story and gameplay are one's I've continuously found deeply overrated with each playthrough. It's fine, but it's undercooked, the sequel for me needs to advance things in quite a strideful way and UC4 didn't fill me with confidence from that perspective.
                            I'd be interested to hear what current games you think tell better stories and have tighter controls because I can't think of anything that's bettered it since it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
                              I'd be interested to hear what current games you think tell better stories and have tighter controls because I can't think of anything that's bettered it since it came out.
                              MGSV destroys it for tight controls. So do the Souls games.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

To be honest, controls wise, LOU isn't bad but it's nothing special either. Pretty much any major third person game features equal to superior controls, it's a very typical Uncharted model that's been stripped down due to the more limited setting where advanced moves aren't necessary. Story wise, that's an awkward one, there aren't many but much of that is because it's somewhat subjective and the bar is so low. Even LOU having the best story wouldn't mean it was a good one. LOU is just an incredibly generic zombie tale told via ND's usual deft which is better than most other game studios manage. If the film adaptation ever gets off the ground I imagine they'll soon find their noses out of joint on that one.

It is a solid enough game, if too much of a slow pac-man design at times, I certainly wish I liked it more than I did and will hopefully attempt a fourth playthrough sometime this year so its fresh in my mind for the sequel, but I expect ND to really take strong steps forward with the gameplay in the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X