The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last of Us: Part II

Bracketed still under rumour but Nolan North has said that he knows Naughty Dog is currently working on a sequel to 2013'd hugely successful Pac-Man spin-off The Last of Us.

He offers no other info and could just be playing fans but it seems a likely bet given the success ND had with the original and them about to wrap up the UC series, especially given they have two teams and the one we haven't heard from is the LoU team.

What do you want from a sequel?
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-06-2018, 07:46.

I don't want a sequel.

TLoU is perfect as it is.

Comment

Same world, different peoples story.
      Maybe set in Europe or Asia!
      Better A.I too...no more cloddhopper characters following you around!

Comment

Good gameplay.

I acknowledge and appreciate all the good things the original got right, but gameplay wasn't one of them.

Comment

I disagree.

Comment

What is a pac man spin off?

Loved the game on PS3/PS4 and the left behind DLC so anything as good as this game can only be a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              I disagree.
              I agree with your disagreement.

In a way I want more, but the thought of it not being as good also makes me think it should be left alone. What I do know, is no matter what concerns I have, I'd be buying it day one, their track record in my favourite game list is too strong not too.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I disagree.
                I disagree too.

Comment

The gameplay is LoU was and is fantastic. Ultra responsive controls and a variety of ways to tackle situations within a cinematic environment was a massive step forward in the genre.
                  I always felt fully in control. The AI had issues but the devs rightly did what they did rather than infuriate.

Comment

If it was any other Dev I'd be really concerned about a sequel sullying the original but with naughty dog I just trust that if they have an idea for a sequel then bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                      Good gameplay.

I acknowledge and appreciate all the good things the original got right, but gameplay wasn't one of them.
                      In terms of being a video game the 'gameplay' sent me to sleep. Literally. Twice in two nights.

I suppose it was great at being a cinematic kind of experience... Even at that; animations repeated so often that every fist fight played out identically, every bad guy was choked out exactly the same, and finishing off dudes with a bat looked (and 'played') identically each and every single time.

Comment

I thought the gameplay was mediocre, and there was too much of a disconnect between cutscenes and the two gameplay styles (Uncharted combat and Pac-Man).

Stealth horror just doesn't really work for me. If they can't see me I feel OP, so it's not scary.

The cutscenes were fantastic though. I'd play another one just for a laff.

Comment

I think some people would have benefited in the gameplay department by playing in Survivor mode or whatever the hardest difficulty was called. It was very intense. You had to really think on your feet and adapt immediately to your circumstances. You may only have one bullet in your pistol, so you have to make it count. The enemy drops something? Grab it quick, get behind cover, and craft whatever you can and use it any way you can.

This is just the human enemies of course. The one-hit-kill mushroom-head douchebags can go spin.

Comment

Like Dave says, there wasn't much variety to the combat. And the less said about opening shutters, moving ladders and pushing dumpsters around, the better.

Comment

I did play on Survivor mode, and found the items to be highly abundant. Having practically invincible buddies with infinite ammo doesn't really bolster tension, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X