No announcement yet.

The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't sound like the subject matter had anything to do with the delay.

Comment

Well, yeah, they're not gonna say that. But thinking about it, there's a whole cornucopia of reasons why it's a bad time to release.

Logistics prob the chief one, but launching £100m of advertising for a game centred around a world dealing with a virus-based apocalypse literally at the very moment that Corona peaks in the West is probably not the wisest idea in the world...

Comment

Resident Evil 3 is of a similar nature, in regards to a virus outbreak. which had just released today...

But I guess zombies roaming the streets is not the same thing

Comment

Official site for Resident Evil 3, which contains two titles set in Raccoon City based on the theme of "escape"

Personally I believe ND's statement. Everything is being affected right now and I think there's a tendency to overthink these things.

EDIT - beaten to it!

Comment

Hehe, we'll have to agree to disagree chaps. Resi's a different kettle of fish and I think it will have been a consideration and point of discussion on ND's side.

Comment

surprised they didn’t release it digitally only to begin with, at £69.99 on Psn. Wasn’t there 1billion of psn sales recently? Surely digital deluxe dlc of Joel’s pjs, different coloured boots or gun skin would have been worth the extra!

Comment

Small update but refunds issued to all digital pre-orders of TLOU2 (and Iron Man VR).

Update, April 7, 2020: Digital pre-orders for the both The Last of Us 2 and Iron Man VR are being automatically refunded by PlayStation.

Comment

Be careful.

Spoilers are out in the wild in a huge way!!

I've just had the whole game story spoiled for me.

Damn. Actually angry.

Comment

I imagine the horse will have bolted for most by the time Sony gets the game out. So far I haven't seen the spoilers but they do seem pretty widespread already making it only a matter of time. Given how well FF7 and AC have sold it now seems like they might as well just get the game released.

Comment

oufff! Having read what happens

looks like Amy Hennig was the only one with hands on break for the Druckmann crazy train.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        oufff! Having read what happens

looks like Amy Hennig was the only one with hands on break for the Druckmann crazy train.
                        She had nothing to do with the first TLOU. She was writer / director for Uncharted 1 - 3.

Neil Druckmann wrote the first game and was joint director with Bruce Straley.

Comment

You're making me curious now The first games story was as generic-zombie stuff as they come so if the sequel is the same writers and the game was none the less well recieved then surely Part II's story is a fairly predictable more of the same? Then again, ND did retcon Drake's childhood for UC4 and Sam so...

Comment

JUNE 19TH CONFIRMED (for now)

Ghost of Tsushima now July 17th.

Comment

Sacrificed to get LOU out before everything leaks

Comment

They brought in Halley Gross (Westworld, Banshee, Too Old to Die Young) to co-write with Druckmann this time, maybe to reel him in a bit or to have an outside games perspective as she’s not worked in games before this.

Comment

Working...
                                X