No announcement yet.

The Last of Us: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We knew it was in development but its good to finally here a release date. Its a fair point that the gameplay could do with some enhancements but it didn't bother me that much in the first one tbh.

I'll be getting this on release as Naughty Dog doesn't release half-done games.

Comment

UPDATE 5.59pm: Following reports that The Last of Us Part 2 will no longer launch on 21st February next year, as origin…

Delayed till 29 May 2020 - kiss Ghosts of Tsushima goodbye then. This is now releasing closer to the PS5 than it is to today

Comment

As it is being released so close to the PS5 release, what are the odd a remastered version of The Last of Us 2, is released on the ps5, like they did with the first game on the PS4.

It’s so obvious, I probably didn’t need to post about it...

Comment

I've got a feeling that it's not that likely. I think the close release along with backwards compatible nature of PS5 means it's something Sony would be more likely to leave and if the game proves to be massively received they could do a more thorough job if it late gen or on PS6.

Comment

I'd accept a mid-gen remaster on PS5 as this appears to be one of the biggest PS4 games so far (I've heard it'll be on two Blu-ray discs unless I'm incorrect).

It being delayed is no big problem. Anyone who wants to play the best titles coming early next year doesn't want to rush through this, then move right into the FFVII remake. It'll be much better to savour these games for the high-quality experiences they hopefully turn out to be (no need to play at the rate of a professional games reviewer).

Comment

There's more important things going on in the world but...NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Indefinitely delayed due to Coronavirus.

Comment

Oh wow. So, it's a PS5 game now.

Comment

There goes Youtubes best film of 2020.

Comment

Completely understandable. Although fairly ironic given the subject matter of TLOU.

Interestingly Phil Spencer talked about the effect of the current crisis on the software and services side and how MS are struggling. All perhaps reinforcing the view that there won't be new hardware this year.

Comment

Overhaul the textures if necessary, make it a PS5 launch title and then sit back and watch the system flood out the competition again. We can basically take it Ghosts of Tsushima is a gonner as well.

Comment

But why? The game is largely done as mentioned. It will sell loads on PS4 and doesn't make financial sense.

Comment

It’s interesting because if you ask me*, I would’ve thought a time when everyone is completely housebound would be kinda the perfect moment to drop a major video game.

That said, by June unfortunately an awful lot of people could be out of work entirely, and that will have a major effect on discretionary spend. Plus there’s the whole issue of getting the discs duplicated and shipped and the lack of ability to employ physical advertising and sales.

*no one has asked me

Comment

I guess making it a PS5 game would depend on how much sway Sony wants the system to have against XSX. If they're already confident it'll swim straight past MS then there's no need to shift TLOU2 to it, if they feel it would benefit from having such a high profile game become an exclusive then there could be mileage in it should the game already be looking at a lengthy delay. It'd enjoy a longer shelf life too, for all the B/C love that gets mentioned online PS4/XBO games aren't going to be getting much shelf space or making big sales once next-gen gets up to steam and it's possible with TLOU2's subject matter that it could be looking at a long delay.

Comment

I think the point regarding subject matter is spot on. That’s a key issue for it. They’ll be very concerned the marketing will look crass or won’t land.

Comment

It's main thing in it's favour is that it's a sequel so the core audience already knows the distinction but yeah, it's easy to imagine the outcry it could attract. Unless there are full shake ups we're presumably looking at September at the very earliest but it's a hard date to imagine given the long term nature of the current situation and possible resurgence. There's a real likelihood the game will launch fairly quietly in the PS5's shadow.

Comment

Working...
                                X