RIP Satoru Iwata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost View Post

Will be interesting to see how this will affect Nintendo going forward, I hope the new CEO continues the work that Iwata did and doesn't go for the easy option of making Nintendo a software only company
    Genyo Takeda (probably best known as the creator of Punch-Out!!) and Miyamoto-san are taking control in the interim.

Comment

Gutted.

In my ignorance i didn't even know he had been battling cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
        Gutted.

In my ignorance i didn't even know he had been battling cancer.
        You're not the only one.

To their credit, NCL kept that expertly under wraps.

Comment

Real sad news this. And a real shock at such a young age. Cancer again.

The Wii took gaming to the next level & everyone followed its innovation, including TV companies. I don't think we'd be where we are now in gaming if it wasn't for Iwata.

R.I.P

Comment

55. Absolutely dreadful.

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my dad's death from cancer. Sad feelings brought forward

Comment

I almost have no words. He was such a humble, kind and extraordinary human being. I genuinely looked forward to his appearances in 'Nintendo Directs' and 'Iwata Asks' among luminaries in gaming he (and Miyamoto) really did stand alone. I genuinely hope he died knowing the affection and appreciation for him.

I will now refrain from any Nintendo criticism for the rest of 2015 - Please Understand

Comment

Just because this GIF is worth the double post...

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                I almost have no words. He was such a humble, kind and extraordinary human being. I genuinely looked forward to his appearances in 'Nintendo Directs' and 'Iwata Asks' among luminaries in gaming he (and Miyamoto) really did stand alone. I genuinely hope he died knowing the affection and appreciation for him.

I will now refrain from any Nintendo criticism for the rest of 2015 - Please Understand

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Non-gamers won't understand this but it's on a par with the passing of Steve Jobs.
                  No. Steve Jobs was a horrible and miserable man, only after the money. Satoru was all about fun, and bringing that fun to everyone.
                  If you want to tell non gamers about him, then compare him to some one like Robin Williams, not Steve Jobs.

Anyway, great great loss. Terrible news.

Comment

I can't believe it ...

Comment

RIP.
                      One year older than me, christ

Comment

Yeah, great shame.

Comment

Sad news only 55.

Comment

It was mentioned on TV today. Such a shame to loose a guy that genuinely seemed like a cool person.

Comment

Comment

Just been playing Splatoon - it's touching to see all the Miiverse tributes to Mr Iwata there today.

Comment

Working...
                                X