RIP Satoru Iwata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Satoru Iwata

This really really sucks. Like really sucks, I'm crying a little bit.

Last edited by speedlolita; 13-07-2015, 00:42. Reason: Added image.

At 56

Comment

This makes me very sad

Comment

I am completly shocked as this seemed to come out of nowhere. I wonder who the new President will be and if Nintendo will now go in a new direction business wise?

Comment

I'm just crushed. The last I heard about his surgery was when he had to miss E3 last year and I'd assumed that his ill health was behind him.

All of the stories being collected about him on Twitter at the moment really clarify what an exceptional and talented man he was. A real loss for Nintendo and the rest of the industry.

Comment

RIP Satoru Iwata

Very sad news. 55.

Comment

He hadn't looked well since his return. He looked gaunt and unsteady.

Non-gamers won't understand this but it's on a par with the passing of Steve Jobs.

Comment

Yes it is.

I got a shock when I found out a little while ago.

Comment

Sorry, I overreacted a little to that, you're not comparing them.

Please understand.

Last edited by kryss; 13-07-2015, 02:45.

Comment

Really sad to hear. Completely out of the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      He hadn't looked well since his return. He looked gaunt and unsteady.

Non-gamers won't understand this but it's on a par with the passing of Steve Jobs.
                      The passing of Steve Jobs meant nothing to me at all. Iwata on the other hand is a guy I could relate to.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Sorry, I overreacted a little to that, you're not comparing them.

Please understand.

I meant as the face of the company. Getting involved with everything and taking pride in showing and talking about the product being made. A charismatic individual who garnered respect.

EDIT: If what I'm saying doesn't make sense I apologise. I'm running on 4 hours sleep from the last 72 hours.
                        Last edited by teddymeow; 13-07-2015, 04:10.

Comment

Just read the news, completely out of nowhere. Condolences to the family and all of Nintendo staff.

Comment

Very sad to hear.

Received a lot of criticism for the Wii U's commercial performance, but the Wii and DS happened on his watch.

Thoughts and prayers going out to his family.

Comment

Mega shocked to hear the news on the way to work. May he RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X