Resident Evil 2: REmake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil 2: REmake

Found the thread for the other remake version UDK but couldn't find the one for this version.

The fan remake of Resident Evil 2 which was being built in Unreal Engine 4 is now close to completion and the indie team behind it have said that they will release the game for free this summer. As yet Capcom still hasn't made any move to stop them so this might actually make it out unlike UDK.

The team has released two new gameplay vids showing off the game.

The finishing touches are being applied to Resident Evil 2: Reborn, the long-awaited fan remake of Capcom's survival ho…
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 12-06-2018, 07:53.

I'd expect a higher level of visual fidelity if the game was moving at such a slow pace tbh

I like the idea of slowing the game down in terms of movement pace though, but with that you should have more freedom with the aim mechanic - like goldeneye.

These are minor things thoough that can be tweaked. Looks great to my eyes. Shows how far off the mark the Capcom of now are too in terms of...er... everything.

Comment

Capcom has noticed the remake but thankfully not blocked it yet, instead using it as a chance to put the feelers out to fans regarding what they would want from a Capcom produced remake

Comment

Now this is an interesting attitude. I don't think this is Capcom being smart and using another outlet to get an independent developer to make a mock-up of an RE2 remake. If it somehow is, this could be a stroke of genius.

Show me someone who doesn't want a remake of RE2, rather than someone who does!

Comment

I don't like the look of that video. It's much darker but with this viewpoint seemed like he could pick enemies off from further away. I'd like a remake in the style of the RE1 Remake same camera angles and pre-rendered graphics but with the same sort of enhancements as that got.

Comment

The makers of Reborn have posted on NeoGaf that they have cancelled the remakes release. Capcom has been in touch with them and the end result is the project getting shelved however rather than chastise the indies now that an official remake is underway they have invited them in to meet and possibly help out with the official project

Comment

Well that's a pretty good outcome.

Comment

I wouldn't want them to have anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                  I wouldn't want them to have anything to do with it.
                  Same. It was a nice effort but clearly community based. Nothing screams pro standard at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097763

The makers of Reborn have posted on NeoGaf that they have cancelled the remakes release. Capcom has been in touch with them and the end result is the project getting shelved however rather than chastise the indies now that an official remake is underway they have invited them in to meet and possibly help out with the official project
                    Sounds like a PR move.

Comment

Originally posted by The Moleman View Post
                      Sounds like a PR move.
                      Well yeah; they're relating to the public.

Comment

Good move. For a small outlay, Capcom come out smelling of roses.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Good move. For a small outlay, Capcom come out smelling of roses.
                          Yeah, if Capcom had of done it any other way they'd have come across as total dicks.

Comment

It's not just been shown, it's arriving on 25 January 2019!

Using the RE4 style control system, it's coming to PC, PS4 and XBO

Comment

It looks pretty great.

Comment

Working...
                              X