No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2: REmake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this 60fps on the regular PS4? I see a lot of videos online which clearly are, but I don't know what they're running on.

Comment

I think the Digital Foundry video showed the base PS4 averaging around 50FPS, with base XboxOne at 40FPS. They summarised that the base versions were still impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
        I think the Digital Foundry video showed the base PS4 averaging around 50FPS, with base XboxOne at 40FPS. They summarised that the base versions were still impressive.

Xbox One X at 60fps then and true 4k

Comment

TBH I think they'll be improvements across the board given the demo is using, is old-ish code.
          Last edited by Team Andromeda; 18-01-2019, 06:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            TBH I think they'll be improvements across the board given the demo us using old-ish code.
            Most likely. Resident Evil 7 was the same.

Comment

Played the demo last night before going to bed.

Wife had to walk off when I met the guy under the shutters. She started giving me all that "you boys, honestly. Why do you like getting scared so much?". I successfully dispatched her with a quick "So you don't you like roller coasters, then?" and carried on with the game.

Here's how it went down:

00:00 ~ 27:00 AMAZING GRAPHICS!-L3 TO RUN. GOT IT. WHY DO I HAVE TO HOLD DOWN L3 TO-OHH, I CAN JUST CLICK IT? THAT'S GREA-JESUS A ZOMBIE-YOU ARE DEAD-ENABLE AUTO AIM?-YES PLEASE-JESUS A ZOMBIE-LEON LIKES THE F-WORD, DOESN'T HE?-JESUS A ZOMBIE-DEEP BREATH-DEEP CALming breath-creep round the corners slowly now-PALPITATIONS-SLOWLY-SLOOOWLY...

27:01 ~ 30:00 THREE MINUTES LEFT! JUST KEEP RUNNING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS! LOL FAT ZOMBIE ATTACKING VENDING MACHINE-OOH SOME STAIRS, LET'S GO UP!-LETTER ABOUT LICKERS-OMG I WANNA SEE A LICKER! FIRE THE GUN WILLY-NILLY TO ATTRACT THEM-FIRE-FIRE-WIFE LAUGHING AT MY SUDDEN HEROISM-TIME'S UP THANK YOU FOR PLAYING-TOFU RUNNING IN THE SEWER WTF-OK BED TIME

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                Played the demo last night before going to bed.

Wife had to walk off when I met the guy under the shutters. She started giving me all that "you boys, honestly. Why do you like getting scared so much?". I successfully dispatched her with a quick "So you don't you like roller coasters, then?" and carried on with the game.

Here's how it went down:

00:00 ~ 27:00 AMAZING GRAPHICS!-L3 TO RUN. GOT IT. WHY DO I HAVE TO HOLD DOWN L3 TO-OHH, I CAN JUST CLICK IT? THAT'S GREA-JESUS A ZOMBIE-YOU ARE DEAD-ENABLE AUTO AIM?-YES PLEASE-JESUS A ZOMBIE-LEON LIKES THE F-WORD, DOESN'T HE?-JESUS A ZOMBIE-DEEP BREATH-DEEP CALming breath-creep round the corners slowly now-PALPITATIONS-SLOWLY-SLOOOWLY...

27:01 ~ 30:00 THREE MINUTES LEFT! JUST KEEP RUNNING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS! LOL FAT ZOMBIE ATTACKING VENDING MACHINE-OOH SOME STAIRS, LET'S GO UP!-LETTER ABOUT LICKERS-OMG I WANNA SEE A LICKER! FIRE THE GUN WILLY-NILLY TO ATTRACT THEM-FIRE-FIRE-WIFE LAUGHING AT MY SUDDEN HEROISM-TIME'S UP THANK YOU FOR PLAYING-TOFU RUNNING IN THE SEWER WTF-OK BED TIME
                Cracked me up, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                  It doesn’t have four scenarios, just one for Claire and another for Leon. Hunk/Tofu have been confirmed though.
                  [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] [MENTION=313]djtickle[/MENTION]

Turns out, even though they said this wasn't the case at E3, this actually isn't true..!

A/B scenarios are indeed back, with showing two separate campaigns for each character depending on which you pick first/what side of the car you get out of- leading to drastically different campaigns and levels.

They kept it quiet on purpose it seems..!

Amazing!

So we have...

- 4 campaigns (Leon A/B and Claire A/B)
                  - Hunk
                  - Tofu
                  - a free DLC mode called Ghost Survivor- being able to play as characters you never have been able to before (Robert Kendo/ a USS member/Katherine (the mayors daughter- the dead one on Brian Irons' desk in the original)

Theres talk of them being separate campaigns for each character at the time of Resi 2, and also of it being some kind of randomiser/mercenaries mode.

Lots of content, high reviews - is Capgod back?!? EXCITED.

Simplygames have dispatched today theyve told me- so tomorrow hopefully

Comment

This sounds fantastic.

Who's going to start as Leon and who's going to start as Claire?

I'm temped to start as Claire first just because I liked that she got a crossbow, which might to interesting to use in this version.

Comment

[MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] [MENTION=313]djtickle[/MENTION]

Turns out, even though they said this wasn't the case at E3, this actually isn't true..!

A/B scenarios are indeed back, with showing two separate campaigns for each character depending on which you pick first/what side of the car you get out of- leading to drastically different campaigns and levels.

They kept it quiet on purpose it seems..!

Amazing!

So we have...

- 4 campaigns (Leon A/B and Claire A/B)
                      - Hunk
                      - Tofu
                      - a free DLC mode called Ghost Survivor- being able to play as characters you never have been able to before (Robert Kendo/ a USS member/Katherine (the mayors daughter- the dead one on Brian Irons' desk in the original)

Theres talk of them being separate campaigns for each character at the time of Resi 2, and also of it being some kind of randomiser/mercenaries mode.

Lots of content, high reviews - is Capgod back?!? EXCITED.

Simplygames have dispatched today theyve told me- so tomorrow hopefully
                      Yes! This sounds ace!

Comment

Just had a job interview today, find out on Fri if I've got it.

If yes, I am soooooo paying full price for this brand new!

Comment

Good luck, Jazzy!

The Guardian like it!

"Let’s get this out of the way: Resident Evil 2 is the best game in Capcom’s long-running survival horror series and possibly the greatest example of the genre ever produced."

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Good luck, Jazzy!

The Guardian like it!

"Let’s get this out of the way: Resident Evil 2 is the best game in Capcom’s long-running survival horror series and possibly the greatest example of the genre ever produced."
                            We'll see.

Resi 4 says GTFO!!

Comment

is Capgod back?!? EXCITED.
                              CRAPCOM -> CAPGOD

Last edited by randombs; 23-01-2019, 23:45.

Comment

Lol saw that ign had to change their review as they did not play or know about the other scenarios/campaigns

Comment

Working...
                                X