Quote Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    For people that have said they don't want the quote notification... Why not? Not interested in people replying, or read the forum often enough in all threads that it's superfluous, or something else? I can only disable it globally, unless I pay money for the pro version of the plugin.
    One size doesn't fit all - it needs to be optional. I don't want notifications every time someone quotes a post, if I need notifications of replies in threads I can subscribe to the thread. The forum can't distinguish notifications between PMs and quotes, one is useful the other isn't.
    Last edited by MartyG; 26-07-2015, 17:22.

Comment

There aren't any emails. It's just a control panel notification. There's no popup like PMs. It seems pretty unobtrusive to me.

I'll look at the cost of the pro version.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        One size doesn't fit all - it needs to be optional. I don't want notifications every time someone quotes a post, if I need notifications of replies in threads I can subscribe to the thread. The forum can't distinguish notifications between PMs and quotes, one is useful the other isn't.
        When you highlight the notification it tells you if it's a quote or a PM

Comment

It doesn't clear it unless you go into it though - fine if you like that sort of thing, annoying for those that don't which is why it needs an option to turn it off.

Comment

Test
            Test
            Test
            Test
            Test
            Test
            Test
            Test
            Test
            Test
            Test
            Test

Well at least it does seem to send multiple quote notifications to yourself

Comment

Another one for optional please charlesr, not a bad idea especially for the sales thread etc, not needed most the time if your a regular poster though.

Comment

Another in the bad idea camp. There aren't that many new threads that I feel I miss out on any content. If it's a thread I'm in, I can just read from the first unread post next time I log on.

Comment

If it ain't broke.

Comment

Working...
                  X