No announcement yet.

The old NTSC-UK VS GHZ days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been posting on here a long time now, great community still after all these years.

When was the board created exactly?

Comment

Bit gutted that I missed this 'war'. Sounds interesting. All you old boys sitting around a campfire chewing baccy and reminiscing about the battles of 05, the fallen but not forgotten, and the long peace afterwards. Was it worth it, men?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        When was the board created exactly?
        May 2001

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          May 2001

Most of those dramas must of passed me by then. Was probably too busy scouring the sales thread

Comment

Yeah it happened allot on the Off-Topic threads. Allot of those dramas at the time involved me getting into huge arguments with Snowman and other Forumites getting into arguments with that crazy American women. I remember the sales threads back then, Saur kept on selling INCREDIBLE stuff.

Comment

I don't think it was ever really a thing. Just s bunch of people who were banned went there. Same with another forum that I can't even remember the name of

Comment

It was a thing enough for the board name to get added to the swear filter, if I remember correctly. Or maybe I made that up. There was friction back in those days and, actually (now that I have a glance at some old PMs), for a couple of years after when some posters and the modding style didn't quite gel. Went from big noisy public bans like lynchings to secret renditions where people would just vanish and neither really worked and got people paranoid and antsy leading to many bringing it upon themselves.

Then it changed in a fairly short period of time. Some people were banned and others moved on, changing the dynamic I guess. Charles took over which I think had a hugely positive and calming effect. And we had new awesome people join. And now we hand out flowers to each other and sing songs of hope and wonder and all is beautiful.

Comment

Comment

Ha! EXACTLY like that.

Comment

Before my time. Uprisings are crushed these days. CRUSHED.

Comment

Comment

I think I just found a new avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Before my time. Uprisings are crushed these days. CRUSHED.
                            That's the spirit Colin. Brutal efficiency gets the job done far quicker than all this democracy malarkey

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              It was a thing enough for the board name to get added to the swear filter, if I remember correctly. Or maybe I made that up.
                              No you're not making it up - that did happen.

Comment

The image in my mind is of a MCU Civil War-style battle, with a few survivors limping to the mess hall for cigars and tiffin.

Comment

Working...
                                X