Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old NTSC-UK VS GHZ days

Hi everyone,

I've been here a good while. I still remember the whole NTSC-UK VS GHZ thing. Does anyone on here know what happened to GHZ in the end?

Seems so long ago now!

Was it ever a versus situation? That was just where everyone went if they got banished from NTSC-UK, wasn't it?

Now a PROPER versus, was NTSC-UK vs those two gamer girl's website. That even culminated in a vs fighter showdown, our contender lost to a transvestite. Lots of childish forum invasions using aliases of our aliases... Ahh the good old days.
    Last edited by Darwock; 13-08-2015, 04:46.

Comment

I just checked. GHZ still exists. You know that bordersdown isn't google right?

Comment

I'm still gutted that whole thing happened. Some who didn't even get banned left or at least scaled back their posting around those times, and we lost some really good posters.

Comment

i still remember some names from back then, although I did have a brief dalliance with GHZ a few years back so that might be why... Tom Salter, electricboogaloo, E. Dandersen, or was it Ed?... actually the first two may have been the same member.

Comment

The old NTSC-UK VS GHZ days

Tom Salter = Boog, yeah. He's definitely one of the good'uns

Comment

We lost some fun people and it was all a bit crazy for a while. BUT... the place is so chilled now and I don't miss the antagonistic feel of that time, the negative in-jokes and the general disruption of the fallout. There was a them vs us feeling for a while and I never knew if it was the fault of the them or the us. Probably both.

But we don't have that now at all and I'm so happy for that. This is a very pleasant place to be and, while we salute our fallen comrades, I'm thankful for all you guys and girls here right now.

Comment

when was this ? i have no memory of that at all

Comment

I can't remember. Many years ago, probably 10 at this point? Or close to it? And if I remember correctly, the GHZ was really the last of it (and mostly kept out of the forum except for some of the negative in-jokes I mentioned). We'd had a period that was just a bit negative leading up to that. At least in my memory...

Comment

Sounds like old 4chan type antics.

Comment

In honesty I wasn't the most active poster before it happened so it's entirely likely I missed a lot of snark/nastiness that was bubbling under, and it certainly wasn't a slight on the current state of affairs round here - you're all lovely. I do remember though that a lot of folks that I had met (during a meet at Boog's) were part of the exodus, which just felt like a bit of a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I can't remember. Many years ago, probably 10 at this point? Or close to it? And if I remember correctly, the GHZ was really the last of it (and mostly kept out of the forum except for some of the negative in-jokes I mentioned). We'd had a period that was just a bit negative leading up to that. At least in my memory...
                        Around April 17th 2005.

Comment

I seem to recall Saurian, Nips and Tom Salter all disappearing. Including Snow Man and that American women? The last two were wild. It's strange how things happened. I seem to recall there was an argument with Marcus over something on the Forum which led to GHZ.

It's amazing that we still have a community going over ten years later! I don't post much anymore and I really feel that I should be more of an active member. Anyway. Ramble over. Charles your right, I guess I was just asking about the history of the whole situation.

Comment

Can't believe it was ten years ago.

Comment

It's nice to reminice, but I'm focussed on moving forward, and the forum as it is, is a good platform with good people and a pleasant atmosphere... I will admit I lurked a bit on GHZ, but was never inclined to post.

In terms of versus, I'd always felt there was some friendly rivalry between NTSC-UK and RMLLUK to be honest.

But like I said earlier, we should really be focussed more on what's ahead, not behind... Al lot of those old peeps still float about under different names, but what made the forum so intense back then was the enthusiasm everyone had for importing games, it was a time when they were more accessible, thanks to online shopping and trading etc... Things have calmed down somewhat now, which is not a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X